Ch 19; Abducted

Several weeks had passed, Aila and Annie had made a full recovery, Historia had now overcome her past and embraced her true name. A new Levi squad was born, Sasha, Jean, Mikasa, Connie, Armin, Aila, and Annie were now joined with Levi and Eren in forming the new special operations squad. During these weeks, new Levi squad was moved to a cabin in a small wooded area, being secluded from the other soldiers while Hange and her research team did experiments on Eren and Ymir, since they were still fairly new to their new abilities. Ymir's titan had evolved over these experiments, a mask made of what seemed to be bone was now protecting her face, her toes and fingers were covered with this as well. This may help with her newfound role as the jaw titan, as it can crush nearly everything with it's jaws, including titan crystals. Eren, however, only made small progress, he's now able to transform up to three times, he's also improved on his control over his titan when he transforms. Unfortunately this seems to be as far as his progress goes, the last experiment performed didn't eve get the chance to begin. When he transformed, his titan didn't even grow to fifteen meters, and was skinny, not able to walk, and Eren's lower half was sticking out of the nape. No one could really figure out what the problem was, but it was especially frightening when they pulled Eren out of his titan, and his entire face was torn off. He and Ymir were given the next few days to rest, worried that overworking them may cause serious injury. The situation with Marley and how the world really was was explained to the rest of Levi squad that didn't know, they were shocked at first, but all in all onboard with retaking Eldia's freedom. Mikasa and Historia had just come back from chopping fire wood, Eren was cleaning the cabin, Ymir slept, resting from the long experiments she had undergone. Jean and Connie had also returned with food and supplies for them, Marco and Annie had immediately begun to prepare supper once they had the ingredients. Aila lay in her bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering where they were to go next and what was to come in the future. Everything, was turned to a mystery at this point.

A ruckus began in the kitchen, Aila sat up and walked towards the noise, she realized it was over how Jean hadn't wiped his feet before entering, and Jean argued that it wasn't a big deal. Armin smiled a bit, remembering their time as cadets a few months prior, he missed how carefree they could all be at that time. Just as he began to get sentimental, a certain someone has sneakily shoved some piece of ration into her bag, trying her best to hide it. Armin was too quick to let it slide however, it made Aila smile, she missed the old days, the days without watching her friends die. She looked up and over to the kitchen, admiring her beautiful girlfriend cooking, she walked over and came up behind her, hugging her around her waist and leaning down, resting her head in the crook of her neck. Aila smiled and took in a breath, "Smells good, you're a great cook my love. You'll be a fine wife of mine soon", Annie stopped what she was doing, surprised at the sudden statement. Her face lit up red, "Wh-What are you talking about?! W-Wife?" "Yes, I want to marry you before we..", Aila's face became saddened, remembering the short amount of time Annie has left. Annie noticed and set the knife she was using down, she turned around and wrapped her arms around Aila's neck, placing her forehead onto Aila's, staring into her eyes. She placed a soft kiss on her lover's lips, "Ok, then let's get married. When we're free of this place, we can sign the papers and marry", Aila smiled, she reached her hand up to Annie's face, gently caressing her cheek as she lovingly stared into her eyes. Aila stopped when she realized EVERYONE was staring at them, "Ouuu~, so can I be your maid of honor Annie?", Sasha asked as she rested on the table, smirking in a mischievous manner. Annie stepped away and returned to her cooking, blushing at the comment, "Yeah, sure whatever", Sasha practically jumped up, her face filled with joy. Mikasa was even smiling at the love displayed, "Then it's only fair that I be Aila's maid of honor", Aila smiled, "Of course, Eren will be my best man too", Eren looked up from his cleaning. "Really? Alright, if you want me to then I will", Eren stated, trying his hardest not to smile. They all continued discussing the wedding that were to come soon, in their heads, they all wished these times would last forever.