Ch 20; Monsters

Ymir's injuries fully healed, she was exhausted however and needed to rest for a bit, if it weren't for her regeneration abilities, she'd have died. Aila stood out front, she was on first watch. She tried to eat as much as she could, but only ate half her rations. She felt sick, guilty, and angry that she didn't save Eren and Historia from the same thing that happened to her all those years ago. Annie walked out of the door of the warehouse, she was worried for Aila, she hugged her from behind, "Ails... you should come inside and sit with-" "I can't.. not after what Ymir said", Aila cut Annie off.  Annie recalled Ymir's words, feeling guilty herself at their meaning, she sighed and stepped next to Aila, pulling a paper from within her cloak, "Here, this is Rod Reiss, Historia's father, he's the one that most likely hired the guys that attacked us today". Aila looked down at the sheet of paper, she gasped, she began to shake, sweating. She dropped her rations and stumbled back, collapsing on the wall, Annie quickly jumped to her side, "Aila, what's wrong?!". Aila's mind began to overflow with the hidden memories of who had turned her into the titan shifter she was, "Th.. that's him...". Annie frowned in confusion, "Him who?", Aila gulped, "Th-The man who turned me... into this", Annie's eyes widened at her words, realizing what she was saying. She helped Aila helped her up and walked her into the warehouse, sitting her down by the fire, "We have a new problem", Annie said as she shut the door. Mikasa and Sasha immediately leapt to Aila, seeing how she was distressed, "What happened?!", Mikasa asked, "Rod Riess, the guy who most likely hired those guys to attack us and take Eren and Historia, is the same guy who turned Aila into a titan shifter three years ago", everyone jumped up from their seats. Aila managed to compose herself, "I.. I remember it all now. That man, Rod Reiss, he hired a tall man in a black brim hat who was armed with a curved blade to kidnap me and take me to a warehouse and...", she covered her mouth, trying not to throw up. She swallowed her urge to puke, "He injected me with a weird liquid, spinal fluid of some type, turning me into a pure titan and I... I ate a weak man they chained to the ground.. when I woke, I was on top of a steaming titan, attached to it and- and there was blood on the floor. When I tried to leave, I was too weak to stay awake, I passed out and.. here we are", everyone's mouths were open in shock, why would Rod Reiss do this to a random girl?

Aila looked deeper into her memories, "The man who kidnapped me, he said his name was Kenny I think", Levi jumped from his seat, "What?! Shit, it all makes sense now..". Mikasa stood up, "Captain, how do you know him?" "He was the leader of the group that attacked us today", Levi said as she scowled at the floor. Aila stood back up, "Regardless of relations, we need to get as much info out of these guys so we can follow whatever trail they give us" "Agreed", the captain replied as he began to walk towards one of the men who Aila and the others took down earlier, ready to question them about what they know. He bent down and pulled the gag down from his face, he began to speak, "Mercy please, I'm just an old man that used to move cargo! I didn't want to but th-" "I've seen this one before", Mikasa cut in as she stood by the captain. The man looked up at her and gasped, "He seemed to be a prominent merchant", Mikasa said as she stared the man down. Levi spoke, "Yeah I know him, Dimo Reeves right?", Reeves grunted and looked away, "This damn job was forced on us by the military police, and now that we've completely botched it, they'll plunder the Reeves company for everything it's worth. First they'll kill me, and then they'll set up 'accidents' for all my employees, my dumb son too" "You just gonna lay down and take it?", the captain asked as he looked down on him. "There's a reason Trost recovered from the titan attack. It's largely because of jobs and money brought in by the Reeves company, tell me, if your company were to disappear, how many would survive the coming winter?". Reeves looked back up at Levi, "So what? You want me to join you?" "We just need to know where Eren and Historia are, if you're in contact with the mp's, I think I have a plan", Levi told him, staring into his soul. "And can you give me your word that the people of Trost won't end up starving to death?", Reeves asked concerned, Levi knelt down to him, "I can't guarantee it, that said, I believe you'll have a better chance with us than without". Reeves sat contemplating for a moment, he agreed to do so. Levi untied him and let him regroup with a couple of military police members, ready to betray them for the sake of the people of Trost.