Ch. 23; The Night Before

Several days had passed since Ymir and Historia had become the rulers of Paradis, despite her monarch status, Ymir decided to continue to go on scout missions so she could use her power to its full extent. Hange and Moblit used the bottle of liquid that would allow Eren and Ymir to used the same hardening skills as Annie and Aila, each were given half. Eren's titan appearance stayed the same, he was able to create hardened fists to protect his hands when fighting, Ymir however changed a lot. Her titan now had a mask that was made from her bone and hardening combined, it helped with her jaw titan's ability to bite through anything, she had also formed claws made from the same material. While Eren and Ymir honed their new abilities with training and experiments led by Hange, Aila had other things to do. Because of the newfound power she had realized in the cave, she was set to train with forming a crystal wall as thick and big as possible, each day showed more and more progress. Even after seeing her titan times before, Hange was still amazed at how unique and tall it was, Aila's titan had claw like protrusions from her knees, elbows, and fists, along with her massive height, standing at seventeen meters tall. After a few days of training, Aila was put to the test, she was asked to create a new invention with Hange for the walls. Hange had created a new decide made from stone, it had a log hooked up from above, Aila was set to use her crystal ability to help reinforce it. Once it was set up, they had a soldier lure a titan into the stone crevice, he slowly backed away until the titan was in range of the log, "NOW!", he shouted. Hange signaled a scout to cut the rope that the log hinged on, it fell and slammed directly onto the titan's nape, crushing it. Everyone watched in hopes of Hange's new device to work, and it did, the titan wasn't able to regenerate and was beginning to disappear into thin air. Hange jumped up with her fist in the air as everyone cheered, "YEAH! NOW WE CAN KILL THE TITANS ON THE WALL WITHOUT SACRIFICING A SINGLE SOLDIER!", Aila stood next to Levi, she smiled at her happiness, but was met by a headache and dizziness, the curse of Ymir had begun catching up to her.

Once she was dismissed, she was told by Levi, "You can rest until we leave to retake wall maria in two days, we don't want you to be exhausted when we need to reseal the hole", she sighed with relief, she had been training and experimented on by Hange and Moblit for the past week, she was exhausted. She returned to the barracks and was met by a very happy fiance of hers, "Aila!", Annie said as she looked up from her wait and ran into her love's arms. Aila smiled and caught her, she picked her up and spun her, happy to be with Annie after such long days. She placed a gentle kiss on Annie's lips and stared into her icy eyes, becoming lost in the ocean eyes that had fallen in love with her. "Hey! Guys!", Sasha shouted from in front of the mess hall, Aila and Annie looked up to see the huntress waving with a smile on her face. Mikasa soon stood next to her girlfriend, confused at first to what she was waving at, but soon wave back when she saw the people she was gesturing towards. Aila set Annie down and grasped onto her hand, holding it as they walked to their friends, "Hey guys, how has the past few days with the vets been?", Aila asked. Sasha shoved a stolen piece of bread into her mouth, Mikasa rolled her eyes and answered the question, "Well they were boring without you here, especially for Annie there", she said smirking and pointing to the small blonde before her. Aila chuckled at the comment, finding it cute that Annie, missed her when she was gone, "Oh was it now? What did you guys do?", she curiously asked. Mikasa leaned back onto Sasha's chest, taking in her lovers presence, "Not much, just ODM, hand to hand, and lecture training about the new laws and regulations that we soldiers have now, what about you?", Aila sighed and slumped her head onto Annie's, "Exhausting, Hange made all three of us do such taxing training that I felt like I was gonna pass out, even now I'm tired", Aila replied. Sasha swallowed the food in her mouth and made a "Ssssss!" noise, "Yikes, sounds like you had quite the handful the days we were  gone", Sasha said as she peeked out of her window, the four of them talked and hung out like old times, wishing they could go back to them.