Ch. 33; Family

Aila groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head, she looked up at Annie, her eyes were filled with tears. "Aila you're crying...", Annie stated, grasping onto her hand, Aila lifted her other hand, rubbing the tears off her eyes. She swallowed her fear, ready to speak up about everything she had just seen, it felt like a dream, but she knew that it was real. She looked over at Sasha and Marco as they sat down next to her, "I-... I don't know how it's possible, but I'm a descendant of Ymir, yet I don't have royal blood at all" "Are you sure? It could've been a dream.. right?", Marco stated nervously. Aila shook her head no, "No, it was real, I saw past titan shifters where I was... including Bertholdt and Marcel. They all resided in this odd area filled with nothing but sand and a strange light that spread throughout the sky, it looked like a tree. When I woke up, there was a girl standing in front of my, holding out her hand, she said her name was Ymir. When I took it, she walked me down the path of her life, showing me everything, the truth behind her life and not just what happened with the king. She had an affair with a man, a childhood friend, and ended up becoming pregnant in secret, however, the king ended up finding out about her affair in the end, but not about her pregnancy. He killed her lover, and threatened that he would kill even more innocent if she tried anything again. She ended up giving birth in secret, in a barn, she gave the child to her parents who ended up taking care of them, raising them while teaching them of their mother's cruel past, and who she descended from. But, when Ymir had passed, her daughters Maria, Sina, and Rose all visited her in secrecy, telling her of her passing and what the king had forced them to do. They predicted 'the great titan war', telling of how they had to pass down the powers of the titans to their children, dividing them into nine titans. But Ymir had told them of her secret child's existence when they learned to understand to speak and listen, telling them that if she were to die prematurely, to find the child at her parents home to tell them of the news. However, when they ate Ymir's body, they knew their mother would want them to pass one titan down to her, so they saved pieces of her body and had her eat them, thus the existence of the tenth titan, the guard titan, the second most powerful being on this earth", everyone sat in shock, they were horrified at what they had just heard, but knew she was telling the truth, because everything she had just said was connected with real history.

Annie sat with her mouth agape, she gulped, shocked and scared at what these sudden revelations could mean. "I know you're telling the truth, and it's good that you now know where you come from and how the guard came to be. It makes sense that your family would keep your titan a secret, but, how did the royal family come to find out about your titan? Did she show you anything on that?", Annie asked shakily, nervous to ask any questions. Aila nodded, "Yes, when Carl Fritz took as many Eldians as he could to Paradis, the predecessor who held the titan at the time revealed themselves and our family secret. Since the king only wanted peace, he and my predecessor agreed to keep the titan hidden from the world until it was needed to protect it, that's why Rod gave me free will of my titan, he knew something was coming, and now is the time to use it", Sasha, Marco and Annie sat wide eyed in shock, they were so shocked at what they were hearing, but after everything that had happened, with Eren attacking Marley and starting a war, and Zeke having a plan to use the rumbling, they knew everything has led to this moment. Aila snapped out of her trance of memories, facing the others, "We need to tell everyone else, where's everyone?" "In a meeting with the Azumabito's and the upper military brass to discuss Eren's escape, they said they'd catch us up on everything after the meeting since you needed to be watched and protected since we aren't exactly sure what Eren is going to do now", Sasha said. Annie frowned, looking down at the floor, "If he knows about this too... what if he tries to take your power too?" "If he does, then I'll have no choice but to kill him. He can't use the founder's power without Zeke, and he doesn't know where he is right now, so his only upper hand is his newfound abilities with the war hammer, but I could easily beat him", Aila retorted, furrowing her brows as she pictured Eren's thoughts in her mind, trying to think of where he might be, and what he may do next.