Ch. 39; Hizuru

For the remaining ride to Hizuru, Aila checked on everyone, and reassured Falco that what happened was not his fault. Her arm had entirely healed within that time, and when she felt she was ready, she headed to the cabin Yelena was in to thank her for the spare clothes. As she walked, what happened at the harbor played in her mind, she was confused as to why her titan was able to evolve, why it was more powerful than the  others, she would have to elaborate with Armin and Hange about it later. She had arrived at the cabin she was in, she stopped, standing in front of it and staring at the door, CLOCKCLOCK! "Yelena, it's Aila... are you.. can we talk?", it was silent for a moment. Aila nearly turned and left, thinking she was resting, but was stopped by the sound of the door clicking. There stood Yelena, weakly standing in the door way, staring at Aila, "Come it", she said as she stepped aside. Aila took a deep breath, she walked into the room and sat down on the sofa opposite to the one Yelena sat on. Yelena smiled, "So, what were you planning on talking to me about?" "I just wanted to thank you for the spare clothes, I don't think anyone else's would've fit me", Aila snapped back, wanting to end this interaction as quickly as possible. Yelena stood back up, walking to the small window that looked out at the water, "Of course, I wouldn't want you walking around with your breasts and genitalia out for the world to see, a woman should value her virtue". She turned around, smirking as she looked Aila up and down, "Besides, I think you pull them off better than I do", she said as she walked over to her, sitting down next to her. Aila tensed up, she felt uncomfortable and knew Yelena was up to no good, she stood up to leave, "Again Yelena, thank you for the clothes, I'll return them as soon as I can find some others". Just as she walked away, Yelena wrapped her hand around her wrist, "Don't you think you may owe me for giving you them?", she said as she rubbed her thumb on her hand, smiling all the while. Suddenly, the door slammed open, "If you wish to keep your one free hand to wipe your ass and eat with, then I suggest you let her go Yelena, she's obviously not interested in you, don't you know it's not polite to try and seduce a married woman?", Annie said as she walked in, Aila smiled at her, happy she came to her rescue.

Annie and Yelena had a stare down for what seemed to be hours, but was only a few seconds. Annie took Aila's hand and guided her out of the cabin, slamming the door on the way out, once they were clear of Yelena's tainted touch, she embraced her, "Ugh.. I'm sorry, I never should've suggested you thank that leech" "It's really alright Ann, I'm just glad you came to my rescue", Aila replied with a smile, leaning down and placing a soft peck on Annie's pink lips. Annie backed away but continued to hold her hand, "I came to get you but you weren't in your cabin so I checked everywhere, I was trying to come tell you that we're in Hizuru", she said as they walked to the captains cabin, this would be their first time somewhere other than where they were born. Once they docked, Jean, Armin, Connie, Gelgar, a few of the Azumabito's employees and Onyonkapon pulled the flying boat to a hangar for maintenance before they could take off and head straight for the rumbling. During that time, Annie said she began to feel sick and needed some air, heading down to the docks to sit near the water and rest, Aila was ordered to rest a bit more before they left to regain her strength. Falco and Gabi mourned their fallen home of Liberio and their families who were lost with it along with Pieck, who had lost all hope. Annie sat on the edge of the harbor, feet away from the water, throwing up into the sea, Mikasa and Sasha noticed, growing concerned for their friend. Sasha ran over to her while Mikasa set down the equipment for their mission, "Hey Annie, you ok? You're not looking too hot", Annie weakly looked up at her, she was pale, exhausted looking. Sasha sat down next to her, rubbing her back at she caught her breath, "I-I don't know, but... I have a pretty good idea as to what is wrong, and if it's what I think it is then.. shit...", she weakly told Sasha. Mikasa soon followed Sasha, sitting down on the other side of her, "Where's Aila? Does she know you're sick?" "No... she's resting right now, her body may be healed but her strength is still weak, besides.. I don't know if I should tell her", Annie answered as she rested her hand on her forehead. Mikasa and Sasha looked at each other, confused and concerned, "Tell her what Annie?", Mikasa asked with a slight frown. Annie let out a sigh before looking up at the stars above her head, "... That I'm pregnant.. Mikasa".