Ch. 17; Lover's Rage

Aila opened her eyes, feeling a headache ring about her head. She sat up, rubbing her head as she tried to remember what happened, then, it hit her. She gasped as she looked around and saw the person she wanted to hurt the most, Reiner Braun. She turned her head to her left to see Eren still out cold on the branch next to her. As she looked down from her branch, she recognized the area she was in, and the memories began to flood her mind. She growled a bit, remembering the corpses of innocent soldiers who were splattered across the trees and grass, "You...", she growled, staring up at him with fury in her eyes. Reiner and Bertholdt both shivered at the sight, seeing the murderous intent in them, "So, you're awake, good, now all we have to do is wait for Eren to wake up and we can get going", Reiner said as he swallowed his fear for Aila. He knew what she was capable of, he and Bertholdt experienced it first hand back in their cadet training, "Take us where huh? You're just going to leave your comrade behind to be-" "We know she's a traitor, there's no need to keep the charade up", Reiner cut her off. Bertholdt looked away in what seemed to be sadness, but Aila didn't care, in fact she was relieved that it was only her and Eren taken. God knows what Marley would do to Annie if they captured her, or Ymir who unintentionally stole the jaw titan, the only thing on her mind was how to save her loved ones, and how to get Eren to escape. She stealthily looked around and saw that the fields normally filled with titans were empty, but she also noticed the sun was setting, then, it hit her. "I see, so they're waiting until it gets dark so they can slip away with us", she thought to herself, just as she was about to check on Eren, he shrieked. She turned her head to see Eren waking up and unnerved at the sight of his arms being nothing but steaming nubs, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DO TO MY ARMS?!", he asked in anger and terror. Reiner sighed, "Yeah, that was my fault, my bad. Guess I bit your nape a little to small and ended up taking your arms, sorry about that", Reiner apologized as he looked away and scratched his head. Aila stood puzzled at the sudden change of persona, why would he, a honorary Marleyan, apologize to an Eldian from Paradis?

The two went on with their conversation, talking about how they were going to take them back to Marley and do who knows what with them. Aila switched to her telepathy, "Eren, you need to calm down or things might get uglier than it already is", Eren flinched a bit at the sudden voice in his head, he turned his head to see Aila staring at him sideways with a frown, saying 'don't say a word'. Eren gulped, "H-How are you in my head?", Aila tried her best to seem as calm and normal as possible to avoid suspicion, "It's one of my titan's abilities", she responded coldly. Eren began to sweat at the sudden news, "H-How.. can you transform too?". Aila smirked at the naive comment, "It's a long story that we don't have time to go over right now", Eren calmed a bit knowing he wasn't going crazy. Aila knew that she didn't really have time to do anything really, all she could do was wait for an opportunity to transform and escape with Eren before Reiner tries anything. She knew that Bertholdt won't transform due to the mass destruction it would cause and how much attention it would draw, she tried coming up with a plan, but was interrupted. "So, Aila. What titan do you hold exactly?", Reiner asked as he stared down from a branch, Aila scoffed, "Like I'd tell you pieces of shit" "You will, because Eren holds the attack titan, you can only hold one of two. The founding titan, or the jaw titan", Reiner stated ever so surely. Aila chuckled at his stupid assumptions, "Oh please, yes Eren may hold the attack, but what makes you so sure that you're assumptions are absolute?", she said staring up at him with a smirk, Reiner growled in frustration and turned away. "Whatever, if you choose not to tell us that's fine. But you will be fed to a Marleyan warrior regardless of whether you choose to tell us now, then they can tell us everything they saw in your memories", Aila laughed at the comment, as if she'd ever let them take her back to Marley without a fight. Aila turned her attention to Eren, who was boiling with anger and hatred inside his eyes. She leaned back and closed her eyes, letting Reiner and him bicker all they want. Bertholdt sat silently, watching them fight, this wasn't unusual for him though. Just as she began to think of a way out, POP POOF! She opened her eyes and shot up to see the ever so familiar smoke signals of the scouts right in front of her.