Ch. 27; Yelena

A year had passed since Paradis's soldier's first glimpse at the ocean, people who lived in wall maria before it fell were finally able to return. Homes and buildings were rebuilt, including Aila's home, where she and Annie now resided together as wives. Hange had taken up the role of commander in place of Erwin, and Moblit was now second in command. Nanaba and Gelgar were promoted to Captain rankings, Nanaba was also given a squad known as the assault unit. The unit that would be the first to make an entrance in battle was hers, Gelgar and Marlo, two other survivors of the mission to retake wall maria were in that squad, among other elite scouts. Nanaba and Gelgar had also kindled in love, marrying soon after wall maria was declared as safe to return to, Nanaba was now with child, and was to give birth soon. Three months after the year anniversary, Mikasa proposed to Sasha, the two married and carried on the Ackerman name and bloodline together, joining together as wife and wife. Three months after Mikasa and Sasha's marriage, Nanaba had given birth to a baby girl whom she and Gelgar named Emilia. Things were returning to normal, Aila's abilities as the guard titan had improved, she's now able to project her own memories onto other Eldian's, and can also read into other Eldian's minds and memories if they're weak minded or off guard. Her range of mind linking had increased to twenty people at most now, making her a deadly enemy to Marley. Annie had discovered another ability that was hidden, while she takes titan form, if she takes a bite from another shifter, she can copy their abilities for a short period of time. Eren however grew ever so cold, becoming more and more lifeless by the day, leading to Armin leaving him. Ymir and Historia had been good rulers of Paradis as the time passed, imposing new laws to benefit the poorer citizens and bringing those who corrupted the military police to justice, stripping them of their titles and locking them away. Hitch Dreyse had become a section commander in the MP's, since they have been under her command and supervision along with commander Nile Dawk, things had been better for nearly everyone.

However, this newfound order and peace was soon interrupted. Survey corps scouts that had been watching over the shore of the ocean had spotted strange vehicles growing closer to the shore. Levi squad and Nanaba squad were sent to investigate, with Annie's help of identifying what these objects were. They sat in the shadows of the dawn, watching as the objects floated, "They're Marleyan survey ships, there's got to be at least twenty armed soldiers on board", Annie stated as she looked through the telescope in her hand. Levi groaned, "Alright, Aila, Annie, you two get into the water on opposite sides of the ships, once they're close to the beach, transform and bring them to the beach, do NOT leave your titan's until Mikasa and Sasha come and tell you it's safe", Aila and Annie nodded. They hurried down to the shore, sneakily getting into the water, waiting for the right moment to strike. BOOM! CRASH! Aila and Annie transformed almost simultaneously, they growled as they towered over the Marleyan soldiers who stood terrified. "IT'S THE FEMALE AND SOME OTHER TITAN!", a soldier shouted, shaking with fear. Aila looked over at Annie, they both nodded, using their strength and lifting the ships over their backs, carrying them to the shore and slamming them onto the sand. The soldiers shrieked with horror, Levi peaked from behind the rocks, "I wouldn't make any rash decisions Marleyan scum, you're completely surrounded", with the captain's words, the rest of Levi squad and Nanaba's squad jumped out from hiding, surrounding the ship with their blades unsheathed. Annie opened her mouth, "SURRENDER YOUR WEAPONS, OR PERISH WITH THEM", the soldiers were shaken by the titan's words. Dropping their guns and kneeling, being taken into custody and imprisoned in the cells below the scout headquarters. Some soldiers were tortured by Hange and Levi, getting answers about Marley and why they were there out of them. Though not much was said, the scouts were prepared for more ships to come and try to wipe Paradis out.

A month after the survey ship had arrived, two more ships were sent, however the military was ready for them. Levi, Hange, and Nanaba squad was sent to make them surrender, Eren and Aila were to transform and bring the ships to shore, repeating the process from last time. And so they did, troops were terrified and knew they weren't anywhere near strong enough to do anything to stop them. Hange was the first to come out from hiding, with a Marleyan soldier whom they captured from the last ship, "HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF MARLEY! WELCOME TO THE ISLAND OF PARADIS! I AM HANGE! I'M HERE TO RECEIVE OUR DISTINGUISHED GUESTS WHO'VE COME HERE FROM OH-SO-FAR ACROSS THE SEA! YOUR LONG VOYAGE MUST HAVE LEFT YOU TIRED! COME, WHY NOT JOIN US FOR A CUP OF TEA?!", Hange shouted from atop a rock. Levi emerged from behind her, with Niccolo, a Marleyan soldier from the last ship tied and at sword point. Hange wrapped her arm around Niccolo, "IF YOU WERE WONDERING ABOUT THIS GUEST HERE WHO ARRIVED JUST A BIT BEFORE YOU... WE'RE ALREADY GETTING ALONG GREAT! ISN'T THAT RIGHT NICCOLO?!", the soldier hesitated for a moment but shouted back. "CAPTAIN! DON'T MIND ME! JUST SHOOT THESE DAMNED DEVILS!", despite the position he was in, Niccolo shouted for his fellow Marleyan soldiers to kill them all. Just as the captain of the ship was about to pierce Hange with a bullet, a shot was shot off, POP! Everyone sat in shock, Aila was about to slam her fists onto the boat, but stopped when everyone witnessed another Marleyan soldier shoot the captain in the head. "WHAT'RE YOU DOING YELENA?!", a soldier asked in confusion, the woman raised her gun at the man, "Put down your weapons" "Do as she says", a man had said as he came up from behind the soldier who shouted at her, pointing a gun at him. Several other soldiers aimed their weapons at their former comrades, Yelena stepped forward at the bow of the ship, taking her helm off. "Hange, I'm honored to receive your invitation. Now, how about that tea?", Yelena asked calmly, she looked up at Eren and Aila, "I've so wanted to meet the infamous Eren Jaeger and the mystery titan of Paradis".