Ch. 14; Revelation

BAAM! BAAM! BAAM! Eren charged towards Reiner with fury, CRACK! Eren punched Reiner's face, but as expected it only hurt Eren. His fist was contorted, steaming from the regeneration factor, Mikasa zoomed in and cut Reiner's achilles. He fell to his knees, confused as to who took his legs out. Aila used her connection, "Good Mikasa! Step back, Eren's charging again", Mikasa nodded in silence to not let Reiner know their intentions. Eren came in and kicked Reiner over onto his side, but damaged his leg in doing so, making him wobble backwards and onto a tree. Aila came in, slicing Reiner's eyes to throw him off, not being able to see their movements. Eren's hand and leg healed, he got up and ran to Reiner, putting him into a joint hold. Annie came down and sliced the open skin under his arms, making him unable to move. As time passed however, the cuts on Reiner's achilles healed. He used his legs and pushed himself out of Eren's hold, flipping the tables and throwing him at a tree. He knocked Eren on his back, knocking the air out of him. Reiner then ran at him and with a punch, knocked the top of his head off, making him unconscious. Sasha charged in but was caught by captain Levi, "Trying to get yourself killed? We can't beat it now that Eren's been knocked unconscious", he said as he set Sasha down on a branch. Levi then hopped off the branch and cut the skin behind Reiner's knees and his achilles, making him unable to run. Aila realized something, "He's wiped out! He can't heal right away! Now's our chance to get Eren and go", she said as she charged in and onto Eren's titan corpse, cutting him out of the nape. But before she could get away, Reiner threw his hand up with a roar, trying to stop her. She couldn't evade it with Eren in her arms, suddenly, ZIIIIIIP! Annie and Mikasa came hurling down and slashed the skin supporting Reiner's arms before he could reach her. Sasha then flew up and threw her blades into his eyes, making him scream in agony. Aila landed on a branch and set Eren down, Mikasa landed soon next to her, "Eren!" "He's alright, just unconscious", Levi told her. Mikasa sighed in relief, Levi picked Eren up and the six flew off to retreat back to Colaneth district before Reiner regenerated.

As they exited the forest, tens of titans were laying dead and steaming. The scouts took them out after Erwin fired a blue flare, signaling a retreat back to the walls. Levi rested Eren in a wagon, Mikasa said she would ride by him in case he woke up. The rest helped place the bodies of the soldiers who had perished from the armored's attack into wagons. Once they finished, they got aboard their horses and set off to return to wall rose. About half way to the wall, they heard a faint shouting from behind them. When Aila turned her head, she saw two soldiers fleeing from remaining titans with a deceased soldier on their back. A senior scout shouted, "What the-?! Damn those idiots I told them not to go back!", Aila and the others wanted to help them, but there wasn't anywhere to hook their gear into without risk. The titans began to gain on them, killing one of the two soldiers who went back in the process. Levi spoke up, "Ditch the bodies", a scout nervously argued, Levi looked away from the wagon, "Consider this their last duty they perform as soldiers". The two soldiers in the wagon hesitantly picked the bodies up one by one, and tossed them off like garbage. When they threw a certain body, Levi didn't take his eyes off of it until it was out of view. Aila felt an ache in her chest from seeing so many brave soldiers who laid down their lives for Eren get thrown away. The scouts managed to out run the titans, and successfully made it back to Colaneth with the remaining scouts left, including the sole survivor of the two scouts who circled back for their friend's body. As they entered the walls on foot, they passed citizens who were talking trash about their missions success, this boiled Aila's blood, making her clench onto the reigns she held that led her horse. Annie came up from behind her and grabbed her hand, trying to comfort Aila and calm her down before she did anything rash. Aila's eyes began to fill with tears, all the bodies she saw today were thrown off like used banana peels. She held onto Annie's hand and talked in a low voice, "Annie...", Annie looked up at her girlfriend's traumatized face, "The next time we go on a mission with Reiner, I WILL kill him that time". Annie looked back down and held her hand a bit tighter and replied, "Ok, we both will take him down". The date was set for Reiner's demise.