Ch. 31; Eldians

Gabi and Falco had seen the truth through Aila's memories, Marley had been using and manipulating them this entire time to get them to wield the power of the titans to their will. Falco had always suspected such a thing may have been happening, however Gabi was infuriated, she only felt anger and hurt towards the people whom she trusted and risked her life for. Footsteps came rushing over, BOOM! The door to their compartment of the ship had burst open, and in came Armin, Mikasa, Ymir, and to Aila's surprise, Yelena. Mikasa gasped, she ran and hugged Sasha, "Are you alright?! Jean told us you were nearly shot!" "Yeah I'm ok don't worry hon, but... Aila took the bullet for me, she shoved me out of the way", Sasha explained as guilt was spread across her face as she looked to Aila sitting on the crate with Annie. Armin talked with Marco, getting the whole story and situation to his understanding, Mikasa got up and rushed over to Aila, "Ail! Are you ok? You're healing right?", Aila smiled and lifted her hand off her side, revealing the steam coming from her wounds. Mikasa let out a sigh of relief, she looked to Annie and checked her body, "Are you hurt anywhere? Did you get shot too?" "No Mikasa I'm fine now stop touching all over me it tickles!", Annie pleaded as she tried to hold in her laughs from Mikasa's tickling fingers. Mikasa stopped, she sat in silence for a moment, but ultimately pulled Aila and Annie into a hug, tears leaked from her eyes, "Don't... don't do that shit ever again!", she shouted, trying to hide her crying. Annie and Aila smiled, embracing their friend, feeling refreshed to know people still cared for her. Mikasa let go after a few moments, wiping her tears and turning around to face the kids, "Are these the kids that shot you?" "The girl did, Gabi, but don't worry, they're both on our side, I showed them what Marley had hidden through my mind link", Aila explained, making sure Mikasa didn't do anything rash out of anger. Mikasa sighed and knelt down to them, "Listen, we're taking you both back to Paradis with us, once we can safely ship you back to Marley with your families, we'll do it as soon as possible ok?", Gabi was shocked by everyone's kindness towards her and Falco, even after shooting and nearly killing their friend, they treated her like a human.

Aila's wounds had healed, she stood up and turned to face Ymir, "I'm surprised you came rushing over, I'm not Historia after all", Ymir jumped and faced away from Aila's gaze, blushing and scratching her head. "W-Well, I just had to make sure one of our most powerful military weapons wasn't dead is all", Ymir stated embarrassed, Aila smiled and walked up to her, bowing before her, "Your majesty, I don't need my mind link to tell you truly care about all of your comrades", Ymir huffed and looked at Gabi and Falco, "We have a lot to discuss with them". She walked towards them, sitting down where Aila sat, "I am Ymir Reiss, secondary queen to Paradis island and of the Eldian empire, pleased to meet you Gabi, Falco", Gabi and Falco gasped, immediately bowing, "Y-Your majesty we apologize for what happened here today, we pledge our loyalty to Eldia's restoration to freedom and peaceful living", Falco frantically pleaded. Ymir snorted, letting out a laugh, "Hahaha! Wow, looks like Marley was strict on you guys about being polite after all, hey, lift your heads kids, I understand the situation completely", Gabi and Falco lifted their heads, surprised by the laid back attitude of Ymir despite her monarch status. Ymir let out a sigh, "Sasha, would your folks be willing to take care of these two until we can safely send them back to Liberio?", Sasha smiled from behind Ymir, "Yeah of course, though you should remember ever since me and Mikasa got married we've been living in our own home in Shiganshina, so I won't be there to watch them" "That's fine, as long as they have other kids to get along with, beds to sleep in and food to eat", Ymir responded. Sasha looked to the kids, "Well, is that alright with you two? You may have to do some chores but you will be well taken care of", Gabi looked at Falco and nodded, turning back to Sasha and smiling a bit, "I-If that's alright with you and your family miss Sasha, then we'll gladly stay with your family and help them as an apology for nearly shooting you", Sasha ruffled Gabi's hair, letting out a laugh, "Haha! Don't worry about that, y'all are kiddos, ya dunno what you've been told is a lie or the truth until ya see the evidence like ya just did, so forget about the whole thing will ya? I'm sure Aila here feels the same way", she said as she looked at Aila, who was smiling and nodded. For the first time in their lives, Falco and Gabi felt welcomed.