Ch. 12; Regiments

As the cadets returned from the front lines to the barracks, some of the most bright people now were broken shells of who they used to be. Could you blame them? Most saw their friends and lovers get eaten as they defended the people of the walls, people with a normal mentality would never be the same after such. However, Aila was lucky, lucky to have such a strong and independent girlfriend at her side, defending innocents. Everyone returned to their dorms and showered, rinsing the blood and grit of the battle off of themselves. Mikasa and Sasha returned to their room first, Sasha held her close as she cried in her arms. She was worried for Eren, the last bit of family she has left. Aila and Annie returned soon after they finished taking their showers, the other two quickly turned their attention to them, Aila mainly. Mikasa wiped her tears with her sleeve, "Aila, hey... how're you feeling?" "I'm ok, my healing should completely heal me in my sleep, but I should still act like I have injuries to avoid suspicion", Aila told her concerned comrade. Annie set her things down, "These bunk beds detach right?", she asked as she scaled the beds. Sasha stood and slid her fingers on the crack that separated the beds, "Yeah they do, why?" "Help me take them down, I want to sleep next to Aila tonight", Annie told her as she tried to hide her face. Sasha smiled and began helping her take the bed down, "That's a pretty good idea, I think I'll do so with mine and Mikasas' beds too", she set the bed down and helped Annie combine hers with Ailas'. Sasha then repeated the process with Mikasa's bunk, this left the room with enough space to walk and get changed easily. Sasha then laid down and spooned Mikasa, pulling the covers over them, Aila did the same, and turned to blow out the light. Once the light was gone, Sasha spoke up once more. "So uh... tomorrow we choose our regiments, what regiment are you all choosing?", they all stayed silent for a moment, thinking about what they were going to do with their futures. Aila inhaled, "I'm joining the scouts, and retaking my homeland as I kill Reiner and Bertholdt", Annie became determined. Although she knew Bertholdt and Reiner since childhood, she despised them for being puppets and for killing so many of her friends. She caressed Aila's arms, "I'm.. joining the scouts too", she said as she remembered her promise to return to her father and the vow she made to protect Aila until she dies. Mikasa clenched her fist, "I'm joining the scouts too, to protect the people I love and destroy those who aim to hurt them", Sasha sighed, "Well, where Mikasa goes, I go". The four ladies were strong and determined, determined to retake their home, not just wall maria, but all of Eldia.

The sunlight shone through the curtains, shining on Aila's face. Aila fluttered her eyes open, she turned to see her love cradled up in her arms, sleeping peacefully. She leaned down and kissed Annie's soft lips and whispered, "Annie, it's time to get up and get ready for our assignment". Annie opened her eyes and smiled at the sight of Aila's gentle gaze meeting her own. She kissed her and got out of bed, Aila got up a moment after her and walked over to the other two lovebirds cuddling in the other bed. She smirked and yelled, "ATTENTION!", making Sasha jump out of bed and salute, afraid of their commandant. The other three began to laugh at her, Sasha opened her eyes more to see it was just Aila playing games with her. She groaned and sat down on the edge of the bed, "Ugh... Aila! That wasn't cool! I nearly had a heart attack because of that!", Mikasa sat up and smirked, "Well then maybe this will calm you down", Mikasa told Sasha as she slid up and hugged Sasha from behind and kissed her cheek. Sasha leaned into it and smiled, "Yeah.. this definitely helped". They then all got changed and headed to the mess hall for breakfast. They were met by Jean and Marco, "Hey guys, Annie I just wanted to thank you for saving my skin back there in Trost", Aila was confused at first, she looked at Annie and frowned. "No worries, we look out for each other", Jean continued past them and patted Annie on the shoulder. After getting their breakfast, Sasha kissed Mikasa, and went to sit with Connie. Aila and Annie decided to join Mikasa with Armin, since Eren was absent. They sat down, "Hey Armin" "Oh hey Aila, Annie, why'd you sit with us today?", Armin asked out of curiosity. "Do we need a reason to want to sit with you two?", Annie asked cold as ever, Armin chuckled a bit, "Well I guess not heh, but I wish I had a lighter topic to discuss today", Armin told them as his smiled soon turned to a sad look. Mikasa grabbed his hand and looked concerned as ever, "What is it Armin?" "Well.. the MP's took Eren out of the med bay and imprisoned him, they're going to do a tribunal to discuss his fate", Armin told her as she gripped her spoon. Annie and Aila looked at each other with concern then back at Armin, Mikasa began to panic, "W-What does that mean..?" "It... likely means that they're going to.. kill Eren-", Mikasa shot up from her seat, looking as if she'd just seen something horrific. Just as Aila was going to say something, a soldier burst through the door, "Cadet Ackerman and cadet Arlert?", the two stood up and saluted. "You two have been summoned to attend Eren Jaeger's tribunal, lets' go". Mikasa turned and ran to Sasha and kissed her, telling her she'd be back, then left with Armin and the soldier. Annie and Aila turned to each other and began to whisper, "Shit... what if they order to kill him?", Aila asked, "Then we'll have no other choice but to transform and infiltrate his death date and escape with him, Mikasa and Sasha to Marley", Annie told her as sweat began to drip.