Ch. 32; Eren

The next day had come, Aila rolled around in bed, beams of sunlight shone through her curtains. She fluttered her eyes open, she turned to her side to see a sleeping Annie, she smiled and admired her wife's beauty. She traced her fingers up and down Annie's bare skin, feeling her soft touch and warmth, hearing and watching her breathe, it all made Aila remember how much she truly loved her wife. She bent down and kissed Annie's cheek, making her grin in her sleep, she turned back around and got out of bed, tucking Annie back in to keep her warm. She walked towards their closet, pull out a bra and shirt, putting them on. She walked over towards the door where her dresser was and pulled out a pair of trousers and socks along with some boxers, putting them on and prepared for the day. She slipped her belt through her pants and grabbed her military jacket, making her way out of the room and silently closing the door. She set her jacket down and headed to the bathroom, relieving herself and washing her face, she slicked her hair back, putting half of it in a ponytail. She stared at herself for a moment, "Damn, my hair grew out quite a bit since four years ago huh, not to mention how much I grew too, geez I can barely walk through doors now", she said to herself as she looked in the mirror. She exited the bathroom and walked to the kitchen, pulling out some eggs from the pantry with some bread, she began to make breakfast for both her and Annie. As she cooked, she felt someone come up from behind her and embrace her, wrapping their arms around her waist and kissing her neck. Aila smiled, letting out a small chuckle, "Good morning my love, I'm sorry if I woke you" "Mmm.. no you're fine, I had to get up and ready anyways", Annie replied with a raspy morning voice. She let go of Aila and pulled out a chair at the table, sitting down and patiently waited for her food, "We have to head up to Mitras today, Mikasa and Armin are headed up there too to talk to premier Zackly about Eren and what his fate may be", Aila said. Annie looked at the flowers that glistened in the sunlight on the kitchen windowsill, "Eren... he's changed so much.. that I don't recognize him anymore", Annie stated somberly, Aila stared down at the food as she plated it, thinking the same exact thing as the events of Liberio replayed in her head.

Aila and Annie ate up, replenishing for the day, they talked of what may or may not happen to Eren, expressing their concern for their friend. "Sasha should be taking Gabi and Falco to her parents today, they should be safe and provided for there while we work out a way to send them back to their home", Aila stated, she stood up, creaking her chair on the wooden floor as she grabbed hers and Annie's plates, walking over to the sink and beginning to wash the dishes. Annie sighed, walking over and helping her wife, "Do you... really think it's best if we send them back?", she asked. Aila stayed silent, she began to think, she had asked herself the same question since after their 'session', last night before bed. Aila let out a sigh, "I'm not sure, but... I do know that if they get sent back and are found out to have sided with their former enemy, their family will be killed with them", they both stayed silent, not sure what to say yet understanding what each other were thinking. They ended up finished dishes and finished getting ready, slipping their jackets and boots on, then heading outside to their stables and taking their horses out, hopping on, ready to ride to the capital to discuss their friend's fate. With the click of their heels, they set off, riding with a chilled breeze in their faces and hair, galloping through their rebuilt home. They went through both Shiganshina and Trost, until finally arriving in Mitras, arriving at the council building only to be shocked at their arrival. The anti-Marleyan volunteers were being escorted out in chains, "Oi! You there! What's going on here?", Aila shouted at a Garrison member, "Oh, officer Leonhart and Brandt, my apologies. These men and women are suspected to have helped Eren escape all those months ago in Marley", the soldier stated as he saluted the two women on horses. Aila and Annie looked at each other, frowning and confused, why would Yelena and her men try something now? They were unsure, and felt ill at the sight of the people who risked their lives to help them retrieve new weapons and technology along with intel, were being repaid by being locked in a cell.