31

Standing here, waiting for my girlfriend just feels so surreal

Well, in all honesty, going to the Met Gala was something I would have never dreamed of either. But now, to be invited and have the chance to show the world my beautiful girlfriend. It's completely unimaginable.

Yet here I am.

Of course I'm ready before she is. Apparently my outfit was all together easier to 'throw on'. And Rebecca was insisting that she must be the one to dress Evie because she doesn't want anyone ruining her art work.

I've been given a few hints on what she's going to wear. But apparently I wasn't allowed to know.

It was going to be a surprise.

All I knew of it, was it somewhat matches my outfit. Then again, that doesn't exactly narrow it down because my outfit is black with some lace.

Evie kept giving a few hints as to what it looked like last night while we were talking.

I say 'talking', it was more exchanging a few random words every now and then.

I spent half the night awake with nerves, clearly stressed because Evie was stressed. She too was awake for half the night, despite her useless attempts to pretend she was sleeping.

Every time I asked, she assured me she was ready to do this. And I don't doubt she is, even if her words weren't truthful.

Because I know she's scared. And she doesn't believe she's ready to do this, she's fearful of the comments that will come out the next day across the media. No matter how much she downplays it, I can read her quite well now.

And I know when she's lying to me.

This confidence thing she has me trying to believe is so obviously a façade, and she's only doing it because she thinks that's what will make me happy when I've already told her that all I need to be happy, is her own happiness.

Multiple times last night I put forward the idea of calling the whole thing off. Saying we're both deathly ill and won't be leaving our bed.

Which frankly, I wouldn't mind.

But Evie was quick to shoot me down, repeating how ready she is.

It seems the more she says those little words, the more she'll think she is actually ready.

There is a small amount of excitement itching inside of me. Nerves as well, but right now I'm pushing that to the back of my mind because I want Evie to feel comfortable and not worry if I'm anxious.

Rebecca ended up bringing the outfits to my apartment, along with her makeup and hair team in hopes to relax Evie.

Originally we were going to her studio, but when Evie finally fell asleep last night, I sent a quick message to Rebecca asking her if we could do it at my place instead.