44

I fell in love this weekend

It was a long time coming, so I guess you could say it's more that this weekend I came to the realisation that I had fallen in love.

But I'm in love nonetheless.

So now I'm just another one of the many people across the world who is in love with Harry Styles. Except the only difference between me and the rest of the people who fit into the category is the fact I am in fact dating him and have been for the past four months.

He is my boyfriend and we've just arrived home from the most memorable and remarkable getaway. It was simply one of those trips you know that when you're older, doing whatever it is that you're doing, you'll remember that trip and believe it to be one of the best experiences of your life, still to that day.

It was a weekend filled with surprises and laughter and sex that I'll remember forever I hope.

However, despite me not being able to fault the weekend away because it was undoubtedly one of the most gracious and unforgettable trips, I have never felt so grateful to be back in New York.

A place I'd never really have expected to miss as much as I did.

It doesn't feel like home in the same way anymore. Not since I met Harry. But it's still a place I know and feel surprisingly comfortable in, despite me not being a typical city girl, unlike Esme.

The wave of relief that crashed over me when I first saw my apartment block surely was unexpected. You'd have assumed I'd been gone ten years and not the best part of three days. It's a very bittersweet feeling being back here, it feels like a lifetime since I've been in the bustling streets of New York - it really is the city that never sleeps.

An incredible amount of events have occurred in such a small space of time that my brain seems to be working at a mile a minute. I have so many thoughts to organise, of course with the help of Es and possibly a nice tall glass of white wine.

"Bye H." I lean forward into his chest, placing my palms against his chest as we stand outside my front door, my handbag chucked down by my feet and my suitcase besides Harry.

Of course he insisted on walking me to my door and helping carry my bags up the multiple story staircase, rather than just allowing myself to bring my own bags up to my apartment. I warned him that if Es hears him then he'll end up being interrogated, but he was adamant on allowing me to rest because he knew I was still tired from all the travelling and late nights.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay at mine tonight? I can drop you to work in the morning." Harry snakes his arm around my waist, my body instinctively inching closer to his. His skin radiates a warmth that's so tempting for me just to agree and go home with him.

"No, no. It's fine baby. You need some rest and I feel as though I haven't seen Es in a lifetime. Thank you for the offer though." I smile into his chest, his classic scent completely invading my senses, lingering in the air and clinging to the fabric of my clothes.