06

It's 5:40am. I need sleep.

Fashion isn't my area of expertise

And The Firebird is tonight, therefore I am at a loss on what to wear.

So just as I would with every other occasion where I am in need of getting dressed up, I've bought in the reinforcements.

Also known as Esme.

Meaning I'm currently acting as a human Barbie doll, having clothes put on me just to be ripped back off seconds later.

I can hear her rustling around in her closet now, looking for something else.

In all honesty, I have no idea what she's looking for. Her idea of fashion could not be more opposing to mine.

For me, my type of 'fashion' is a lot more reserved and quiet, I guess you could say. Never anything over the top.

Whereas she loves flashy, bright, sexy clothes. And I only wish I could pull off that type of dress.

But I just look like a ten year old in her older sister's closet. It's actually quite embarrassing and not at all attractive.

So in that case, I usually leave the designer clothes more to Esme. Even when we go shopping I usually just sit back and watch her do her own thing.

Half because I don't really see much I like nor things that would suit me. And the other half simply because I am broke.

As is Esme, yet she has this stupid rule where she can't wear an outfit more than once. She'll wear the same clothes, but always style it differently, causing her to constantly buy new articles of unneeded clothing.

Kind of funny really, for a girl who doesn't even have a proper job, she sure does love to spend money.

Whereas with me, it's more of a wear, repeat, wear and repeat pattern.

I'm not very original.

The only time I ever get dressed up is either for a ballet performance or when Es wants to go out to dinner.

Hence why, when Esme said she'll pick something of hers for me to wear, I can't help but be a little on edge with what possibilities she might come out with.

"Okay, hear me out. This isn't something I would typically wear. But I think it's perfect for you." Her voice echoes through the thin walls of the building before she reappears in my doorway holding a folded piece of black material.

"What are you insinuating, huh?" I tease, placing my hands on my hips and looking around at the mess of clothes already thrown across my room on her behalf.

"Oh shh, you know that's not what I mean. Look, just try it on and let me know what you think." She passes the folded clothing over to me.

Just the fact it's folded shows she's never worn it before.