36

"That's a lot of bags

"That's a lot of bags." Is the first thing I hear as I walk into my apartment, and as I look up I notice Harry standing at the end of the hallway with a mug in his hands.

He leans against the door frame and immediately my heart flutters at the simple sight of coming home to him.

I decided to give him a spare key to my place the other day, considering he's always coming and going and knowing me I'd end up losing mine. It's easier to call Harry than anyone else, especially if Jenny isn't home.

Which she often isn't because she's at the hospital with Dani a lot.

It also wouldn't be the first time I lost a door key, they seem to go missing far too often. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's Esme losing hers and then stealing mine in hopes she doesn't have to tell me.

They always show up eventually, in the most random of spots. Whether it be the fruit bowl, the fridge, on top of the TV. Basically anywhere where you wouldn't expect the key to be.

"Yes, yes it is a lot of bags and you, Harry, are going to love some of the stuff she bought." Esme waltzes into the apartment, even more bags hanging off of her arms.

She throws them onto the couch with a loud huff and Harry takes a slow walk over to us in the living room.

He stares at Esme for a moment, taking in her exhausted appearance staring at the abundance of shopping bags, with her hands resting on her hips and a proud look plastered on her face.

"Stuff you forced me to buy, that we don't have the money for." I sigh, slightly annoyed she managed to get me to buy what seems to be everything she saw.

She smiles over her shoulder at me, before blowing a stray strand of her hair from her face just for it to land in the same place.

It's not like me actually saying no to these pieces would have mattered. Because I did say no. Multiple times.

But then she went into full blown tantrum mode and I didn't want to make a scene. So I gave in and let her buy my practically a whole new wardrobe of outfits I don't need.

And won't ever need.

"Babe your boyfriend is Harry Styles, you don't need to worry about money." She shrugs as if it's nothing.

Esme then walks over to Harry, stealing the mug from his hands and taking a sip of whatever he was drinking, before passing it back to him.

Harry doesn't seem phased by it, he's gotten used to Esme's intrusive nature.

"Correction, Harry doesn't need to worry about money. Just because he has it, doesn't mean I'm going to rinse him for every dime." I glare at Esme, a sudden wave of tiredness washing over me.

"No, Esme does have a point. I know you're tight on money, and I don't want you to not treat yourself because of it. You know I'll help you out if you ever need it, I'd pay for anything you want Evie, it's not like I can't afford to, hell even if I couldn't I'd still spend every penny I had on you because it's what you deserve." Don't get more wrong, what Harry is saying is sweet, but I don't want him to be like that. I don't want him to feel as though I'm dependent on him.