41

Four months ago I stumbled into the wrong room at the ballet and happened to meet a girl

The most beautiful girl I quite possibly have ever laid eyes upon.

A girl who has somehow managed to flip my whole world on its head and has shown me things from a brand new perspective.

She's something I would have never quite expected.

Yet, for whatever reason she's done nothing but brought joy to my life and created me into something I didn't know existed within me.

However, today has managed to feel different. The dynamic between us both isn't the same it was yesterday morning.

Something has changed within her. Within us.

But change isn't always bad.

Last night she opened up to me, told me things I didn't ask to know. She felt comfortable around me and decided she wanted to share that part of her with me.

Little does she know, the same way she used to talk to the moon when she was little, I used to talk to the stars.

Wishing upon a star is something I did often as a kid. And slowly enough, my wishes are almost all a reality.

But last night was about her telling me. So I left it at that. I didn't feel the need to explain about my past. That can happen another day.

"What do you think you're doing?" I notice Evie's cheeky smile in the corner of my eye, and she's occasionally been giggling but I brushed it off as nothing. However, now she has her phone close in front of her face, but the camera pointed right in my direction.

We've been driving down empty dirt roads for almost an hour now and it has been one of the most relaxing journeys of my life.

The weather is perfect, Evie's in a short white dress with her hair in a simple half up, half down look. And she seems to have caught the sun a little this morning because her skin has a slight golden tint to it.

I'm in jeans and a loosely buttoned floral print shirt, which is pretty much my go to recently because it's easy and cool.

This drive would be completely perfect if my mind wasn't filled with thoughts about last night. Me and Evie messed around in the shower a little which tired us both out. And I know we both were coming down from the adrenaline when we got into bed, which meant neither of us could fall asleep straight away - no matter how exhausted we really were.

I know I fell asleep before Evie. And I woke up when she had slipped out of the bed but initially I didn't make a sound because I thought she might just be going to the toilet or for a glass of water.

But it was when she didn't come back after a few minutes that I realized she'd actually gone out onto the balcony and I could hear her voice ever so faintly. Just not enough for me to piece together the words.