45

It was an unusual feeling of waking up alone this morning

It was an unusual feeling of waking up alone this morning. At least, it was compared to the past few days which have been entirely me and Evie, unfiltered and uninterrupted. We were together for almost every minute of every day and it was nothing other than pure bliss.

Even before our little weekend getaway, we used to spend most nights together at one or the other apartments. 

The bed feels different without her in it, and it felt so wrong that the first thing I heard this morning was Mitch on the phone telling me to let him in, rather than the usual melody of Evie's silky voice.

It was probably for the best we spend some time to ourselves. Even if that's just the one night apart because the last thing I'd want is to become one of those clingy boyfriends who can't bear to be separated from their girlfriends; God only knows what will happen come around the next tour.

It's not like Evie wouldn't be able to tour with me. If she wanted to, then I'd love her to join us. However, she has her own career to pursue, and performing for the New York Royal Ballet company means she can't exactly up and leave at any given point.

Unfortunately, it's also one of those jobs you have to be in one location to course and going on a worldwide tour is very much the opposite.

I doubt she'd even be able to join the US tour.

However, that'll just be a bridge we can cross together when and if we come to it.

Admittedly, Evie probably did need some girl time with Esme, the same way I need to chat with Mitch. I had a few things on my mind that I was hoping to talk to him about, one being advice on mine and Evie's situation, and the other being tidying up some song lyrics.

"So how many is that? Five songs now?" Mitch twirls the pen in between his thumb and pointer finger, note pad in hand, and his eyes trained on the ink scribbles across it.

After an abrupt wake up call - literally - from Mitch at a time that was far too early for me considering the recent late nights I've been having with Evie, we chose to spend the rest of the morning writing and editing new and already completed song lyrics.

It took far longer than originally anticipated because it turns out that over the weekend, many more song lyric ideas came to me. So many in fact that I managed to write two brand new songs.

"Canyon Moon, Treat People With Kindness, She, Adore you, Lights Up and Watermelon Sugar. So, no, it's actually six." I list the song titles off with the additional help of counting on my fingers.

Adore You and Watermelon Sugar were both briefly written - more like outlined - on the flight back to New York while Evie slept, her head resting on my shoulder with her headphones in playing what I'm almost sure was music from my album.

Both songs were very much inspired by the events that took place over the weekend.

"Ah yes, how could I forget you literally wrote a song about eating pussy. I can practically see the music video now." He dramatizes, spreading his hands out in a jazz formation with his eyes sparkling with wondrous thought.