20

This might very well be the longest I have ever gone without talking to Esme, and to say it's weird is an understatement

It must be coming up thirty hours now, and although that may seem like nothing, for me and Esme that is incredibly unusual, we are always in contact, always have been.

Especially since we moved in together, there hasn't been twenty-four hours that have gone by where I haven't spoken to her in some form.

She's always been the clingy type, she likes the constant affection otherwise she'll think you're mad at her.

Therefore, she made it a habit of messaging me consistently throughout the day. Which, albeit can become excessive and a little annoying, it's nice to have someone there.

Even times when she goes out to a party, or on a date, or god only knows whatever she's doing, I'll get a message from her, even if it's a simple 'love you E'.

And then when she finally does get home, even if it's four in the morning, she has a little routine of going to grab herself a glass of water, coming into my room to tell me about her date or party or whatever else she's doing.

She speaks quietly so she doesn't wake me, even though multiple times I've stirred and vaguely remember the conversation, or parts of it.

And then after maybe rambling on for five or ten minutes she'll head to her room and crash out on her bed.

Sometimes she'll fall asleep on mine if she's that exhausted.

It seems a little stupid to explain her day just for her to retell the stories the next morning when I'm conscious, but I don't complain.

Every so often she'll spiral her conversation, when she thinks I'm asleep, and she'll sound quite sad.

I think she feels lonely.

Lost. Like she's not sure what she's doing.

She always tells me how jealous of me she is. I have my future planned out for me, I know what I'm doing, or at least it appears that way with the ballet and having Michael.

I don't understand why she's jealous though, she is literally one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen and she has boys fall at her feet. She is perfect and even though she occasionally lets the small crack of reality break through, my favorite thing about her is how she's a dreamer.

She doesn't like to worry about the small details in life that might hold you back.

But these past thirty hours have been the furthest thing from that.

It may be different just because I know she's annoyed with me, just as I am with her.

Yesterday, when I got home after the café date with Harry, she was nowhere to be seen.