✓Chapter 16

Billie's pov

I was in the kitchen making some light breakfast for the family when the little girl ran inside straight to the fridge pulling it open,she grabs the carton of orange juice pushing the fridge closed before walking to the dishes where she climbs the small steps and grabs her custom made melamine drinking cup with her name and blue flowers all over the white cup.

I watch amused as she puts them both on the dining table easily before she climbs up one of the chairs,she opens the orange juice and pours it into her cup which only goes halfway and then stops flowing.

A gasp tears from her throat as she sits before jumping off the chair zooming past me into the living room yelling "mama!" Bishop turns her head from the television airing the news about some virus to the little girl.

"We are out of OJ!" She screams again tilting the empty box to emphasize her point making her mother's eyes go wide. I cringe when both of them scream at the top of their voices "auntie Yel!" The woman who seems to have been summoned all at once flies down the stairs her dreadlocks looking messy,eyes wide and alert in simple shirt and shorts.

"What happened?" She asks looking around for an intruder watching as the wide eyed child holds the box again "we are out of OJ!" She says as if the world was ending making the tall stud whine before sighing defeated "I'll go get us more OJ" she says walking to the keybowl where she grabs her car keys coming towards me heading to the garage.

"What just happened?" I mumble lowly and Ronin comes to take my hand dragging me to sit down on the couch while she and her mother stand in front of me.

"When you live here and we run out of OJ..." The little girl says all serious putting her hands on her waist akimbo, "none of us is getting that shit" this time it's Bishop who speaks pointing towards her and Ronin.

"That's your job" the little girl says and I can't help but smile "it don't fucking matter what time it is" Morgan adds "you better go get our OJ" the little girl says threateningly "put it here sister" Bishop says and holds out a hand and the little girl who gives her a low five before she giggles running out of the room to get the half glass of orange juice she had managed to siphon before we run out and I can't help but pout at them both. They're so cute.

That's when I smell something burning and I push Bishop aside to get my waffles from the toaster.

I better get Yel to come back with oranges so I can make some home made when we run out. I don't think I'm ready to go out in the middle of the night when Yel isn't around.

★♪★

"Happy birthday" I tell the little girl carrying her up and she giggles hiding her face in between her palms as I set her up on the counter trapping her with me,her little hands are covered in funny drawings from the henna she and the rest of the children had been playing with when Bishop caught them trying to open some paints for their faces and gave them henna instead.

I sure hope she knows that shit will stick to their skins for a couple of days. I don't think I remember taking a nap with the child in our room seeing anyone around and when I woke up the garden out back was filled with humans bustling around. Bishop had said Yel was gonna invite a few old friends, I just didn't expect so many.