✓Chapter 20

Billie's pov

"Ronin you're going to catch a cold come here and put this sweater on" Morgan says trying to get the child who dives under the dining table in the kitchen before running out the door coming to the living room.

The lounge area has the open fireplace lit and everyone is sitting around making jokes trying to fight the chilly cold away drinking hot chocolates and tea. The AC is blowing hot air into the cabin but it's just not enough.

Sitting far enough from the fire on the couch with a blanket around me and a hot water bottle in my hands I can't help smile as the child runs away from her mother who doesn't really look like she's trying as she smiles pretending to run after the child who screams in delight dodging her attempts.

"She finally told you huh?" I turn around to face Yel who smiles at me and I nod scooting slightly before patting the space next to me ,she flops down with ease and I can't help chuckle slightly.

"I still can't believe it, the two of you were together,how did you do it you're always on each other's necks" I gasp and Yel smiles before shrugging "it wasn't easy, to get her to actually date me took months,she put me in a tough position one minute,then the next minute she's being so fucking nice,to be honest I thought half of those times she wanted to kill me,I had to threaten her I had a shotgun" I can't help letting out an ugly laugh.

"Let me guess she didn't really get scared by that" Yel nods "not at all,it's like she knew I was bluffing the whole time but she was a strong kid,it's not everyday you run away to a different state with a child still breastfeeding and actually manage to keep it a secret and do everything yourself at the same time" she smiles looking towards the child in a tiny tank top who's still dodging Morgan,sweater in hand.

"I don't think I could have had such strength myself" I say and Yel nods "I don't think many could have done what she has archived,she was lucky her sister had left enough money to last years and a house for them,I'm sure even if she didn't Morgan would have still made it,I love the way she handles her street smarts and book smarts" with that she turns to me seriously.

"Take care of her,she really likes you" I smile feeling my cheeks heat up slightly "I will,I promise" I extend my pinkie and Yel laughs before hooking hers with mine "where did Jessica come from?" I ask taking the warm fruits on a stick that Gina is walking around serving with the Indian woman who arrived yesterday at lunch time sent by the owners of the cabin to help around called Rokshniii as she calls herself because we kept shortening it to Rok,who can't seem to stop talking about healthy eating but keeps on feeding us cookies. They're tasty cookies,you can never resist some good cookies.

"Jessica... She was my stalker,you know those people who know you from the first song you release they want to know where you live,how you live,who you live with,your style... That kind stalker,only one day she stumbled into Morgan and I on a date in a restaurant and immediately she stopped coming after me and went for Morgan,she even dyed her dirty blonde hair cherry red like Ronin's just to attract Morgan's attention only I guess it didn't work because it turned a little bit more fiery like red,this freaked out Morgan even more,no matter how much she pushed Jessica away,she kept coming... She's still coming,sounds pretty psychopathic to me she does shit sometimes that gets her locked up a few nights in jail" she adds glaring slightly at the girl's way as I swallow my last piece of fruit.

"She better be careful,I'm not laid back like you are,I am not afraid to throw these hands" to emphasize my point I show my hands only for the stick to slip from my fingers heading straight for Rokshni who jumps out of its way in time.