✓Chapter 5

Billie's pov

I've been on edge ever since I received that text,I never bothered to reply but looking over my shoulder has been a routine for the past one week,it could be Bishop but that girl is damn to forward to attack like that,I changed my number when I broke up with Willa.

I don't know anyone who else who could simply text like that,that was low attack something that's been making my nervous tics too prominent.

I grab my takis from the cashier sorta running out of Target,the packing lot was almost empty and I hoped if someone was after me my as usual large hoody hid my face

A car screech took my attention and I quickly jump a few feet away ,as if that would've saved my life turning to the source I was met with the familiar sexy sight of her car.

Looking through the windshield I was met with her face she looked confused and a little mad noticing my gaze,her head tilted at me, observing my face for a minute,her head poked out from her window.

"Get in" she ordered and requested at the same time,I look around me for a second finding myself alone I quickly moved to the passenger side jumping in.

Bishop stared until the seat belt was tight around me and started the car,my hands shook as I let my bag of takis fall to the clean floor of her car and I reached for my phone tapping away asking my dad's chauffeur to send someone to pick up the car I'd used to get here.

Looking around I noticed the full shopping bags occupying the backseat.

Turning back around I noticed she was heading towards the ghetto,in low volume OTW by Khalid played soothing me slightly, staring back at her she drove without a care in the world.

Stopping a down a few run down homes in hidden alleyway I felt my anxiety sky rocket just a little.

"Mind telling me why you're soooo... Like that?" She gestured at me with her chin, concern finding a place for itself on her stoic features,I stared at myself laughing slightly in my head with everything I've been doing for the past one week to hide I didn't realize how crazy I look, mismatched socks and different coloured Jordans.

Walking around in a hoody big enough to be somebody's coat I could barely see my sweats,my hair is hand combed looking wild,I'm sure I've got dark circles under my eyes for staring too long at the dark corner of my room expecting someone to morph out of thin air and strike me dead.

I don't know why a simple text sent me into such a place but when you have underlying mental conditions you can be sure your going crazy when overthinking is involved.

I shook my head turning my attention back to the white haired girl "I dunno" I mumble. Her gaze didn't tear from me "have you texted me of late?" I ask not about to let my opportunity slip chewing on the inside of my lower lip.

A slight crease took over her features and she shook her head no,"why?" She asks and I take in a deep breath,my hands still shaking slightly I unlock my phone showing her the text from the unknown number.

She stares at it for a moment both her eyebrows rising "that's why you're soo... shook?" A slight rise of her Scottish accent drips I'm tempted to smile instead I nod letting the device fall from my hands on to my lap,wiping my clammy sweaty hands over the hoody i cover my face biting my lip.