✓Chapter 21

Billie's pov

Behind Bishop I watch her take long strides and I can't help envy those long powerful legs.

She disappears from me a couple times but I eventually find her kneeling down next to the unconscious child on the ground. Cradling the tiny human,she shakes her awake a couple of times until the child's eyes open slowly and she hangs onto her mother shaking visibly.

"What we're you doing outside baby?" Bishop questions the child who shakes slightly but doesn't answer. "Ok,tell mama what happened" she coos again and the child points at a bush. "What did you see?" She asks getting up and the child whispers something to her "did it bite you?" Bishop asks now checking the child over and she shakes her head.

"What did it look like?" The child opts to keep quiet but hangs onto the mother tightly,who holds onto the child just as tight. Turning to me she sighs gently before mouthing "a snake" I nod gently following her back to the house where the child whimpers gently.

Taking a seat Bishop feels the child's forehead before nodding whispering soothing words as she gets up walking around.

Taking a jar of honey,two spoons and a shot glass still with the child in her arms she works swiftly before turning to me "go to our room in my suitcase the tiny zipper on the outside there's some paracetamol tablets bring me one" I turn around quickly walking down the corridor to our room straight to her suitcase getting the tablet from the blister pack.

Back in the kitchen now lacking people,I hand it to Bishop who breaks it in half and using the spoons she grinds one half of it into powder before pouring it into the shot glass,two tea spoons of water follow and another spoon of honey.

She stirs the mixture together before giving it to the child who doesn't waste a breath taking it. Bishop moves past me only stopping to place a kiss on my forehead and I smile watching her flop down on the couch holding the child to her.

I walk to the shot glass and the spoons dumping them into the sink, before placing the jar of honey in it's place, taking the remaining half of the paracetamol tablet I throw it into my pocket before cleaning up.

I stand in the kitchen doorway staring at the child who's asleep in her mother's arms and grandma Irene is now flying down the stairs flopping next to Bishop.

"Is she okay?" She asks and my girl nods "I was just gonna go give her a bath and ask Gina to check her out to make sure she's really fine" Irene nods before taking the child into her arms.

"You go start the bath" Bishop doesn't argue and gets up quickly down to our room where she doesn't take long and I decide to find Gina, taking my phone I call the girl who answers telling me she's coming and is barging through the door in seconds.

Acknowledging me through a nod as she goes down to their own room coming back with a small briefcase. I can't help smile at the clinical officer who walks into our room after Bishop. Grandma Irene gets up and I follow behind the older woman. Who walks into the room and shoves Bishop out gently.

"You're already on edge, relax we'll do the rest" Irene turns her eyes to me gesturing that I should take her away and I take Bishop's hand pulling her with me,my girl's eyes linger on the child slightly before taking a deep breath following me.