The Suspect

"The police just left." Saint said when he walked into the kitchen. He studied the distraught brothers.
"I think you two should rest and sleep. You haven't slept at all." He suggested.
"I'm going to make breakfast and maybe I'll sleep after that." Dome whispered and began rummaging the fridge.
"Mr Panich, you have a photoshoot later in the afternoon right? I will add another team to escort you." Saint informed Zee.
"You need rest Sir." He added as he stared at Zee who was sitting there like a statue.
"Mr Panich?"
"Mr Panich?" Saint moved closer to Zee.
"Zee?" Dome touched Zee's shoulder.
"What?"
"Zee... You okay?" Dome asked him.
"Y... Yes." Zee replied but he looked tormented.
"I can't get the image of those... Those puppies from my head." Zee whispered.
"And the stench..." He closed his eyes trying to calm his nerves.
"How could someone do that to any living creatures!" Zee shook his head and rubbed his face with his hands.
"Maybe you should cancel the photoshoot today Zee." Dome suggested.
"I can't cancel it." Zee murmured and then he sighed.
"I... I'm going to be in my room." Zee slowly stood up.
"Don't you want breakfast?" Dome asked his brother.
"I don't feel like eating. " Zee told Dome and walked out of the kitchen.
"Saint... You and your team have not slept too." Dome stated.
"We're good. Don't worry." Saint said to Dome.
"You rest too Dome." Saint added before leaving Dome.

    Dome slowly sat down on one of the stools near the kitchen counter. He sighed out loud. He too did not feel like eating anything. Pavel walked into the kitchen with Mr Fluffy Mittens in his arm. He studied the solemn looking Dome from far. He walked closer to Dome.

"Hi." Pavel whispered.
"Hi." Dome said to him.
"Found him outside." Pavel handed the growling angry cat to Dome.
"Did he scratch you?" Dome noticed a few bleeding scratches on Pavel's forearm.
"This is nothing." Pavel smiled and sat down next to Dome.
"You okay?" He asked Dome.
"No. I'm... I'm terrified for my brother." Dome shared how he felt.
"We will protect him and you... I promise." Pavel smiled encouragingly at Dome.
"What if that person was in the ballroom? Sitting next to Zee? What if Zee were hurt last night?" Dome asked Pavel.
"I was there, Saint was there and our people were there. The stalker would not dare. Too risky." Pavel explained.
"What IF Pavel?" Dome growled at Pavel surprising him. Pavel's eyes  softened as he studied Dome.
"I'm sorry that you and Zee had to experience this."
"Baby... Do you trust me when I said that I will protect him and you?" Pavel asked him.
"Yes." Dome whispered.
"Rest assured. We will get this person. I won't let Zee or you get hurt. I promise." Pavel smiled reassuringly at him.
"I wish Zee was not a star... That we were normal every day people. Then he didn't have to face these crazy people." Dome sighed.

Mr Fluffy Mitten jumped from Dome's embrace onto the kitchen counter. He rubbed its furry head on Dome's face.

"He knows that you're sad." Pavel smiled at the cat.
"He loves me." Dome smiled at Mr Fluffy Mitten.
"If you need someone to talk to... You know where to find me and you have my number. Okay..." Pavel told Dome.
"Thanks for listening Pavel." Dome said to him.
"That's what boyfriends are for." Pavel grinned while Done shook his head.
"You are not my boyfriend Pavel."
"Of course I am... Just give me time!" Pavel smirked and stood up.
"I'm going to check on the parameters. Remember what I said..."
"Call me if you need me." Pavel told Dome as he left the kitchen.

*************************************************************

Zee sat on his bed thinking of what had happened that morning. The police had no leads on the intruder nor the decapitated mutilated animals. He did not care about him that much but the terror he had seen on Dome's face was utterly unnerving. He knew that he had been playing it down so that Dome would not be worried about him but unfortunately everything had gone out of hand. He sighed and remembered the promise he made to his late mother. To take care of Dome and to be by his side and to protect him. Dome was the only family he had and he was the only family Dome had as well. He lay down on the bed and stared up the ceiling. He wondered who could have done those things and why. Zee guessed that sometimes people do not even need any reasons to do crazy things. People get killed or tortured every day for the most mundane reasons if there were even called reasons.