Running Around In Circles

"Is it... Is it the same car?" Zee questioned Saint.
"The colour is the same. It is a sedan. And... It's a Honda." Saint replied but he was staring straight at the car without looking at Zee.
"But... I am not 100% sure because I didn't see its license plate." He explained in frustration.
"What are the odds..." Zee trailed.
"I don't like the odds at all Mr Panich." Saint muttered.

Saint waited for the other car to either stay or leave the parking lot. He was an excellent driver but having the other car so close to the entrance was a bit worrisome. If the car decided to block them, it would be so easy to do so. His mind was racing to come up with scenarios and actions that he could take to make sure Zee was safe. He decided to call headquarters again.

"Pavel... Where's the other car?" Saint asked him.
"ETA 10 minutes Saint. You okay?"
"We have a car of similar model and colour but we're unsure whether it is the same one. Any information on the plate number?"
"Working on it." Pavel replied.
"Fuck!"
"I'll inform them to head there faster." Pavel asserted.
"Shit... The car is moving towards us."

Saint ended the call and focused on the car that was moving towards his Lexus.

"Get down!" Saint pushed Zee down so that people could see him.

Zee was shaking from fear.

"I don't know what they have in the car. I can't see. They could be friendly or they could be enemies." Saint explained as he put his hand on Zee's trembling body. He rubbed Zee's back to give him some comfort.

Saint's hand left Zee's body and opened his glove compartment. He had his Walther QF SF handgun there and he took it out. He waited for the other car to get closer. He had two options. He could make a dash for the entrance or he could shoot then make a dash for the entrance. Saint was praying that the other party was other than Zee's stalker. His heart was beating faster and faster. Saint seldom felt nervous when doing his job. He noticed that with Zee Pruk Panich that the stakes were much higher. He did not want anything to touch or hurt the man. The sense of possessiveness and protectiveness was something that Saint had never felt before. He knew succumbing to how he felt was a bad idea but how could he deny what was going on between them. It was impossible.

The car neared Saint's Lexus. Zee could hear it. Then, he could hear a distinct click of Saint readying his gun. Zee slowly turned his face towards Saint. He had the gun just behind the car door ready to shoot. Zee was so terrified that he slowly began to panic. He focused his mind on Saint. He trained his breathing first and then he focused everything on the man sitting next to him. He began describing Saint so that he could focus his mind on him rather than the thing that was unfolding.

    Saint waited. He was ready to spring at any moment. Suddenly, the other car window was slowly drawn down and a smiling friendly face of man could be seen. Next to him was woman holding a crying baby. Saint could see that the man was saying something so he took a chance and drew down his Lexus' window.

"Sir... Thank God... I am lost. We just moved here here from Vietnam a few weeks ago... Is this near Phum Wet Village? Our GPS suddenly refuses to work." The man told Saint.

    Saint slowly breathed out in relief.

"You see the road in front of this parking lot?" Saint pointed and the man nodded.
"When you go out, turn left and drive straight... Just drive straight until the road finds a river... Phum Wet Village is there." Saint explained.
"Thank you so much!" The man smiled appreciatively.

    The baby began fussing and crying again. The man and woman looked tired and overwhelmed.

"My son is not well. Thank you so much for you help."
"Don't mention it." Saint replied.
"Thank you again... Goodbye." The man waved his hand and slowly drove away.