Revenge

Dome was sitting on the carpet with his bed behind him. 2 days had passed since his brother was kidnapped by the mad man. He wrapped his arms tighter around his legs and closed his eyes. The paparazzi and journalists of all kinds had been camping outside his house for days. He felt suffocated. The local police had set up a barricade between those people and his home. Yet, he could not but feel overwhelmed by everything. He wished that he could force them to leave alone. He hated the fact that nobody knew anything about this Sean person. The man simply vanished with his brother into thin air.

    Pavel refused to tell him much but he knew from the rumours and hushed discussions the police and Saint Security personnel had that this Sean person was an extremely dangerous man. Dome shivered from the information he accidentally heard from the police. They were discussing about what they found in the hotel room without realising that he was there. The gruesome murders were the worst police had ever encountered. Dome tried his best to prevent his imagination to run wild. He must convince himself that Zee was safe. That his brother would soon be home with him.

A knock on the door brought Dome back to reality. He was in his bedroom. He was on the floor. Mister Fluffy Mittens was curled up next to him and was sleeping peacefully ignorant of the fact that its master was either happy or in pain. Somebody knocked on his bedroom door again.

"Come in." Dome finally said.

Pavel opened the door and got inside Dome's bedroom. He then closed the door behind him. Pavel took a few steps into Dome's room and sat down on the floor facing him.

"How are you?"
"Not good." Dome answered.
"Do you want a hug?" Pavel asked him and Dome slowly nodded.

Pavel crawled on the carpet and sat next to Dome. He smiled at Dome and wrapped his arms around the man. He could hear Dome sighing as he hugged him.

"He will be fine Dome."
"I hope so..."
"The man wants Saint and not Zee... Unfortunately... Zee is caught in between. I'm so sorry Dome."
"It's not your fault." Dome murmured.

Dome closed his eyes and felt as if he was home. This overbearing obnoxious flirty man made him feel truly safe. Dome sighed out loud and drew more strength from Pavel's warm embrace. Pavel's cologne and his scent had become something that Dome found comforting. He drew in a deep breath. Pavel made him felt at peace even for a few seconds. Dome really appreciated him. He continued to hug Pavel until suddenly he could feel his body moved.

"I think your pompous cat is trying to kill me." Pavel muttered.

    Dome turned his head and watched as Mister Fluffy Mittens latched on Pavel's thigh. The man hissed as the cat sank all available claws on Pavel.

"No!" Dome picked Mister Fluffy Mittens by his scruff and wrenched him away from Pavel's thigh.
"I'm so sorry..." He murmured and stood up.

    He then opened the bedroom door and put the hissing cat on the floor.

"Go find your friends." Dome said to the cat.

    Mister Fluffy Mittens hissed for the last time and simply sauntered away from Dome's bedroom. He shook his head and closed the door.

"Are you alright?" Dome questioned Pavel before sitting on the floor facing Pavel.
"If I say no... Would you want to take off my jeans to inspect... My body?" Pavel replied and he dodged when Dome tried smacking his head.
"To think that I lent my body to comfort you." Pavel grumbled making Dome smiled.
"Any news about Zee?"
"Yes and no... The police and Saint are bickering about which leads to follow." Pavel shared.
"Leads? There are more than one clue?"
"The lost the car in a town just North of Bangkok then they saw an identical car 100 kilometres near Chiang Mai... The police want to follow that lead but Saint the lead is just too obvious... He said Sean would never be careless." Pavel answered.
"Why don't we just follow all the leads?" Dome questioned him.
"Saint is strategising. He wants to make sure that all of our bases are covered before making decisions. He hates splitting our personnel into smaller teams because Sean is a formidable opponent."
"Do you know him?" Dome asked him.
"Heard about him a few times... I don't remember much about him. When you deal with war, death and suffering; those things can change a man... Sometimes we are asked to do things that we don't want to... One of the reasons I quit." Pavel asserted.
"Sean... He... I guess... Let just say there's something really wrong with him. He started murdering innocent people and when Saint was instructed to bring him in... He went berserk! He felt Saint betrayed him. Saint shot him a few times... Saint and his team even saw the man fell into a waterfall... Who would have thought that son of a bitch lived!"
"This Sean person... Is he better than you guys?"
"He is as good as Saint... But with his cuckoo head of his... I don't know what he would do." Pavel told Dome.