45 | I'll Be Right Back

Fawnie laughed as Bonnie coughed after inhaling some of the cigar smoke, "You're doing it wrong, you don't swallow the smoke, watch," She took the cigar from her boyfriend and inhaled lightly, holding the smoke in her mouth for a moment before breathing out. "It's not the same as with fags, these are way stronger, you've got to be careful." Bonnie looked impressed.

"Pass it here, Doe." She handed the cigar to Isiah before taking the opium pipe from her pseudo-brother. "Bloody hell, Finn, this is the good stuff."

The redhead looked up with a cheeky grin as he lit the end of the pipe for Fawnie. "Tell Tommy you took them, eh?" He asked her.

"Fuck no, I'll just buy some more, how much do you think they were?"

"Fawnie, they're stupid expensive, Tommy buys 'em for show. Where'd you get the money anyway."

She blew the smoke upward, trying hard to focus on her thoughts, "Believe it or not, but I haven't got a shopping addiction. I've saved money over the years and John used to give me pound notes all the time as a kid." Finn's disappointed face made her giggle, "Don't look so sad, how else do you think I bought you all that candy when we were children?"

The dark sky and small bonfire were comforting, it reminded Fawn of Charlie's Yard. "Remember when your dad caught us smoking behind the church?" Finn asked Isiah and they both cracked up at the thought.

Isiah's eyes lit up at the mention of the memory. Fawnie remembered how Jeremiah was berating the children. Finn chuckled, "Honest to God, I thought he was going to kill us!"

"We were saved an arsebeating because little Fawnie was with us," Isiah tapped her leg with his foot.

She disagreed with a snort, "Only because I lied for you idiots." Bonnie laughed as she leaned into his chest, "Don't listen to a word they say, Bon, I saved them so many times when we were younger."

"I don't doubt that," Bonnie said with a smile.

The other boys rolled their eyes, "Fawn's always been good at talking her way out of trouble," Isiah explained.

"How could anyone resist my cute face?" She said loudly, pushing her cheeks with both hands.

This made Finn snort, "You looked like a gremlin as a little girl, Fawn."

"Finnick Shelby, how dare you!?" She tossed the pipe at him.

"Oi! This was 20 pounds, be careful."

Fawnie eyed him curiously, "You paid 20 pounds for that? Finn, sweetheart, you got ripped off. I've seen better pipes for a quarter of the price."

"You're a dick, Fawn." Finn rubbed it with his sleeve as she struggled not to laugh at him.

"It's alright, Finn, it's a decent pipe."