14 | Arrest This

Fawnie screamed loudly when the door swung open in front of her, the gun in her hands pointed at the coppers, "Put the fuckin' gun down!" Her jaw tensed as she scooted backward

Fawnie screamed loudly when the door swung open in front of her, the gun in her hands pointed at the coppers, "Put the fuckin' gun down!" Her jaw tensed as she scooted backward. Before she could get too far, one of the large men yanked the gun from her grasp and roughly picked her up. She could feel the bruises on her upper arms already begin to form due to his tight grip.

"Stop! Let me go, you bastard!" Fawnie felt completely out of control, "Tommy!" As soon as she yelled his name, his head shot up despite being surrounded by a group of cops.

"Unhand her, right now!" Thomas seemed to fight harder than before as he punched a copper in the face. Fawnie writhed and tossed herself around in the man's grip as much as she could muster. "Let her fuckin' go!" Never in her life has Fawnie heard such unfiltered rage leave her brother's lips.

He's always been composed and emotionless, but right now he seemed ready to kill. When Fawn swung her head back, another cop grabbed her throat and forced herself to look him in the eyes. Fawn refused to cry despite the aching need to sob loudly. Her jaw shook as she grew more and more pissed with each passing second.

There was nothing she could do, with one man holding her arms to her side and another nearly choking her. "Quit fuckin' fighting before I arrest you."

"Arrest this you prick," Fawnie spat in the coppers face, he wiped the saliva off before striking her cheek with intent. Her head whipped to the side and she let out a shuddering breath. The tears pooled in her eyes as she stared at the ground, not wanting him to see what he did.

Her brother's voice was still loud and clear as he struggled against the men. Another siren sounded as a car slowed to a stop. "Enough!" The voice sounded vaguely familiar as Fawnie struggled to hold in her tears. "I said enough!" A man ran towards the coppers that were having trouble with Tommy and pulled them off of him.

"No! Now, get out of it, get away!" Fawnie watched from the corner of her eye as Tommy got free. He immediately set his sights on the men who held her in place. Thomas swung his fist and stuck the one holding her throat in the back of his neck before pulling Fawnie out of the copper's grasp.

Fawnie could feel the surprise in Tom's body language as she practically hid in his side. The cap on her head was falling down and hid her eyes. "Enough." It finally clicked for Fawnie, the man was Moss. The cop that has helped Tommy for as long as Fawn could remember.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Tommy let Fawnie go to retrieve his gun and cap.

Moss turned to follow Tom with his eyes, "Saving your life. Or his. I'm a police officer, Tommy. I am a fucking police officer, right, doing my duty. Stopping all this." Fawnie wanted to bring up how Moss' men man-handled her but couldn't find her voice as she continued staring at the road.

Tommy seemingly ignored Moss as he picked up the machine gun and reached into his pocket, "There are three bodies need cleaning up." Fawnie looked at her brother as he offered Moss a large handful of money.

"No, enough." Tom dropped the money on the ground and put his cap on, "Tell the people that live in these houses that they are free to go about their lawful business!" Moss scowled at Tommy as he gestured for Fawn to follow, she rushed to his side as they walked away from the copper. "Tell them that the rule of law has been restored. Haven't you heard eh, Tommy? Soldiers are coming!"

 Haven't you heard eh, Tommy? Soldiers are coming!"