50 | Just A Blessing

Thomas Shelby was never the man to make things easy

Thomas Shelby was never the man to make things easy. He's always done things the hard way, said things at the wrong moments, ruined relationships at the hand of his pride. Some would hear that and disagree, only knowing the brutal leader and CEO of Shelby Company Limited. But to his family, he was different.

He wasn't softer nor kinder, if anything he was harder on them than on people outside of his family. Tommy had higher expectations for his family, he pushed them further, and wanted what was best for them. To Finn, Thomas was a dick, to Michael he was too controlling, and so on and so on and so on.

But to Fawnie, Tommy was Tommy. Yea, he was a dick, he could be controlling, he was a bit mad, too angry too sad too bitter, Thomas was too much. He was him and that was fine. Even if Fawnie wanted to kill him most of the time, she soon became somewhat okay with that. She knew she couldn't change him.

No matter how much she fought him and how much they argued, he wouldn't budge. And Fawn was exactly the same, it was madness arguing with him.

━━━━

Nothing scared her more than when Bonnie walked out of Thomas' office, pale as a sheet. He said he planned on asking for his blessing but she could tell he couldn't get a word in.

"He didn't exactly say no, but I think he meant that." Bon explained but before he could speak further she pushed her way into the office.

It was odd even seeing the seat occupied when Tommy was so often gone in London.

"Oi!" She snapped her fingers at him, "Did you even listen to what he had to say?"

Tommy looked disinterested, "Yes, I did, Fawnie. Hello."

That annoyed her, she rolled her eyes, "Then why'd he come out looking like a ghost?"

"I told him the truth," Tommy said calmly—it irked her. "You're too young and haven't known him for very long." Irritation filled her expression, "Let me finish–"

"Fuck you!" She shouted, eyes blazing.

He sighed loudly, "Fawnie Rose listen." Tommy's neck was turning red, he too, was getting angry. Whenever these two began arguing it'd go on forever purely because they're both too stubborn for their own good.

"No! You wouldn't listen to Bonnie, why should I listen to you!?" Her voice carried out the office, she didn't care though. "You're a dick, Tommy! Why can't you just give your blessing! It's just a blessing, I'm not being sold into fucking–marriage, this is different!"

His face fell, "Blessing? The boy said nothing of marriage–" Tommy spoke through his teeth now and it finally made sense to Fawn.

Bonnie really didn't mention it. She just assumed he couldn't get a word in but Tommy already knew what Bon was asking. But no... Bonnie was too nervous to even say the words. Oh for fucks sake... she took a deep breath.