54 | I Do

Fawnie knew damn near nothing about how a proper wedding was done

Fawnie knew damn near nothing about how a proper wedding was done. She didn't help with Tommy's enough to learn anything and she was too young for John's to remember a thing. (plus his was less traditional)

Bonnie on the other hand? He knew more than he probably should. He tried playing it off as not his fault because he's got so many sisters, but Fawn didn't listen to him. She could tell how much he wanted the kind of marriage his father and mother had before she passed.

The Gold family was genuinely so excited for Bonnie to marry, it made Fawn sick with how cute it was. She already felt as though she was welcomed into their family despite only being Bon's fiancee. The amount of love they had for him only made her adore them more. His sisters treated her as one of their own.

The timeframe for the preparations was forced down to two months so the wedding could be in the summer. Fawnie refused to get married in the cold, they wanted it outside anyway. Invites were the first things to be sent out, the wedding was to be at Arrow House. That was the one condition Tommy had.

He said Fawn could do whatever so long as it was at his house. His subtle paranoia didn't go unnoticed by Fawnie.

But she was thankful anyway, the estate was big enough that the wedding would feel isolated enough but they wouldn't have to travel far to be in the shelter of the house. Plus with how big Bonnie's family was, they could all come and park their vardos in another part of the large yard.

Fawnie spent most of her time with the Shelby Ladies Club (plus Victoria and sometimes Bon's sisters). She loved calling it by that name, it made their daily meetings feel all that more professional. Everyone helped out equally. It made her feel so loved and emotional that Polly threatened Fawn multiple times that she better not be pregnant.

Victoria gifted Fawn a pink wedding dress that was worn by her grandmother, it was tailored to fit Fawnie in every way possible. And by god did Fawnie adore that dress. The first time she laid eyes on it, she knew that it was the dress. That was the first time she really cried over the wedding, the dress made it all feel so much more real.

Her aunt Pol and Ada both gave jewelry and other things, some of it being advice. They both loved and lost their loves but were still so optimistic.

"Never sleep in your pearls," Ada warned, which prompted Fawnie to laugh.

"I don't have pearls, Ads."

Her aunt shook her head, "Then get some and don't sleep in them, it's bad luck."

"Why?" Ada shrugged her shoulders before giggling.

Polly was even worse, constantly reading Fawn's tea leaves and just... checking in. She said. It didn't really bother Fawnie much, just–unnerved her. She grew anxious with how concerned Pol was with her. Polly swore it was nothing but Fawn knew her aunt never did anything for no reason.