27 | Can't Think Straight

"Fawnie hasn't even been in bed with a lad yet, I don't think she's qualified to answer that!" Isiah was shouting loudly due to being completely hammered as Fawnie's eyes widened

She slapped his arm harshly, "How would you bloody know, 'Siah? I've told you nothing!" It wasn't out of the ordinary for Isiah to be spinning tales about the youngest Shelby girl. And it seemed that he quite enjoyed talking about her love life (or rather, lack thereof) and if she's a virgin or not. "Just because you're a whore doesn't mean I have to be one!"

He gasped loudly before burping, "That's so mean, you lot see how mean she is to me!?" Isiah clutched his chest as though he'd been shot and Fawn rolled her eyes at his overreaction.

"I love you, all the same, you idiot." Upon hearing that, Isiah slung an arm around her shoulders and gave her a tight side-hug. "If you suffocate me, however! I will love you no more!" He chuckled loudly as his friends shook their heads at the interaction.

The other two lads were new in town, Fawnie knew that much due to never seeing them before. Apparently, they were Peaky Blinders but she took no notice of it because technically, Fawnie's their boss. "You two seem rather close, you sure you're not interested in Mr. Jesus here?" Travis questioned with a mischievous look.

Fawn groaned and cringed in disgust, "Never ever say anything like that ever again! Isiah is like a brother to me." Isiah agreed by clinking his glass of gin against her glass of water. "Plus he's got the face of an idiot..." Despite Isiah frowning at that, Fawn ruffled his hair like he was a little kid.

"What about you two, eh? Any special someone's?" She raised her eyebrows and leaned onto the table with a sly smile.

The other one- Henry -choked on his drink which prompted Travis to pat Henry on the back. Fawnie struggled not to laugh at Henry's reaction and failed to do so because Isiah burst out laughing. It wasn't odd, seeing Isiah Jesus and one of the younger Shelby's out together.

There was something about the boy beside her that made her feel at ease... almost at home. Even without the booze, Fawnie was buzzing with happiness. Drunk on the feeling of one of her best friends chuckling in her ear. "I once saw that bastard there run away from a bloody Yorkie! Funniest thing I've ever seen other than you with a shaved head!"

"It isn't my fault Finn gave me and the entire family lice! I wasn't about to sit in a chair and let my big brother comb through my hair for hours on end!"

Once again, another playful argument sparked up between Isiah and Fawnie. Another common occurrence.

Unbeknownst to Fawnie, the door of the Garrison swung open to reveal Bonnie Gold and Finn Shelby standing side-by-side. Fawnie leaned her head on Isiah's shoulders and ignored him as he called some people over. "Oi! Boys come on over here, we've got booze and a tart!" She jagged Isiah in the side for calling her a tart but once she saw Bonnie, Fawn sat up and looked anywhere but him.

"When you said to meet ya, I thought you'd be half sober, Isiah!"

The Jesus boy shook his head and stood up to allow Bonnie into the booth. Bonnie smiled at Fawn as she tried not to blush. Once Isiah sat back down, there wasn't much room between the three young adults.

Finn sat on the outside of the opposing booth and quickly ordered himself a drink. "Apparently, Doe here isn't drinkin' tonight!" Isiah exclaimed but Fawn immediately shut him up by covering his mouth by leaning over Bonnie.

"If I'm dealing with both of you I need at least one glass of gin and some whiskey, Irish." Fawn was referring to her brother and their best friend. Once she finished speaking, she apologized to Bonnie for invading his personal space and leaned back in the booth. As soon as Fawnie had her hands on her drinks, she acted like a drunken fool and began drinking.

━━━━

"I think it's time we go, Travis isn't himself at all." Finn helped Henry lift the other Peaky Blinder out of his seat before he tipped his hat at the others. Isiah loudly wished them a good night as Fawn stared at the wall blankly.

Isiah pushed himself up, "I've got to piss, I'll be back." He narrowed his eyes at Fawn and Bonnie, "You two better now be up to anything-" He burped loudly, "-sinful, remember, God is watching."

Fawn rolled her eyes and flipped Isiah off, "Fuck off, 'Siah, and go piss for God to see." She laid her head on the table, regretting getting drunk in the first place. "Bloody hell, my head feels like it's been kicked by a horse..." She flinched a bit at the feeling of Bonnie's hand rubbing circles on her back.

"You did drink a lot." He stated matter factly.

"How're you still sober? I saw you drink like four glasses of whiskey-"

Bonnie laughed at Fawnie's drunken frown, "I can hold my alcohol, Ms. Shelby-" She cut him off with a loud groan and practically threw her head onto his lap.

"Stop with the Shelby bullshite, I hate hearin' that name these days."

The boy above her sighed and nodded, setting a hand on her hair in the process. "How's Little Deer sound then, eh? Is that better than Ms. Shelby?" Fawnie nodded and shifted so her legs were on the booth as well. "As I was sayin', you haven't learned to slowly drink so you stayed buzzed. Instead, you guzzled it like a snake and then end up wasted before the night is over."

She looked up at Bonnie, "So you're not sober?" He agreed with a nod, "But you seem fine, whenever I drink I can't think straight."

"So why'd you drink tonight? 'Siah said you planned on not doin' so."

Fawnie slowly sat up and looked down at the table, Bon lifted her chin softly. There was a look of yearning passing between the two of them, she bit her lip and that caught his eye before she finally leaned in and kissed the boy. It seemed that kissing Bonnie Gold for a second time still felt like the first.

The Shelby girl prayed with every fiber of her being that she'd remember the kiss in the morning. Even if she felt plastered, she still hoped. His hands pulled her closer and the alcohol on their tongues fueled the kiss into something much more obscene. Fawnie found herself on the lap of Bonnie Gold to be quite comfortable, casual... almost as if his body was carved to fit hers on top of it.

It was silly to think of something like that, but he felt so nice. His hair even felt soft under her fingertips as she held the back of his head. There was something so fitting about Bonnie's calloused hands settled on the slight curve of her hips, almost digging into the flesh but just holding her.

She felt no need for air until two voices broke through her drunken haze of Bonnie Gold, "Oh my god!" and "What the fuck?!" were spoken over one another as Fawn quickly looked over her shoulder to see Finn and Isiah, jaws practically on the floor... watching as she and Bonnie made out.

 watching as she and Bonnie made out