36 | Fuck

From where she was standing, Fawnie could see the men in Goliath's corner and she found their behavior to be unnerving

From where she was standing, Fawnie could see the men in Goliath's corner and she found their behavior to be unnerving. One of the men kept looking over his shoulder while the others hardly did anything to help the large man they were there to support.

When Goliath got Bonnie in a hold, Fawnie shouted for him. "Bonnie! Come on, you've got this!" Across the ring, Linda, Polly, and Lizzie were all cheering Bonnie on as well. It made Fawn smile despite her anger for Linda being ever-present. She turned her head and saw Tommy with Arthur, but Arthur was leaving.

Where in God's name is that idiot going? She followed her eldest brother -- uncle -- with her eyes and noticed he was tailing one of Goliath's men. Without another thought, Fawnie followed after the pair with her hand reaching into her purse for her pistol. She ducked behind the massive British flag and booked it.

This time, the blue hall seemed to be much more ominous and unnerving as she was unsure what she'd find at the end of it. She was nearly out of breath and her heels weren't helping her, Fawnie kicked the shoes off and found it easier to run.

She turned down another hall and saw steam emitting from the room, the blue lighting making her breath hitch. Fawnie looked around with her gun held out in front of her defensively. Before she knew it, something hard pressed up against her skin. She grabbed at her throat as she began choking. Fawnie tried to pull the trigger on her gun but the damned safety was on.

A long wire pulled against her throat, it nearly cut through the first layer of her skin but she managed to get a hand beneath it. Her gun clattered to the floor loudly and slid across the tiles. She couldn't breathe and her body felt like it was on fire as she struggled against the brute of her enemy. "Fuck you," She forced out as her vision spotted with black dots. Fawnie struggled against what she assumed to be a man as he tightened his grip.

Fawnie felt herself losing consciousness and the burning pain in both her hand and neck made it hard to stay awake. I can't believe I'm gonna die this way. Strangely, Fawnie was glad that she fainted and was saved from the horrible pain the wiring caused.

━━━━

The Shelby women cheered for Bonnie Gold as the fight continued. "Where are Tommy and Arthur?!" Polly asked Linda, shouting so the blonde could hear Polly's words.

"I don't know!" Linda replied.

Polly looked around for her niece but never found Fawnie in the crowd. "I don't see Fawnie anywhere, think she got lost?" Lizzie yelled while leaning forward toward the ring.

The older woman didn't like that, she ignored their cheers as she collected her purse to investigate. Polly brandished her gun and began looking for the boys and Fawnie.

Arthur stepped toward the very room Fawnie got attacked in, he leaned on the wall, his high from the snow coming down. He stepped into the room and saw the glimmer of something familiar on the floor, Arthur sniffed as he approached the item. "Oh fuck," He exclaimed before reaching out toward for the small pistol that he knew Fawnie carried.