28 | My Boyfriend

Fawnie Shelby felt trapped between two horrible rocks. One was to tell Tom before Finn could rat her out and the other was to bribe her idiot brother into secrecy. It seemed more efficient to just cut off her own head and hand it to Tommy instead of convincing Finn to shut his trap.

She was stuck to Bonnie, refusing to let go as she hid her face in his chest. Despite the rather inappropriate position, Fawn felt like ignoring Isiah and Finn was far better than acknowledging them at all. "Are they still there?" She whispered, hoping only Bonnie heard her quiet question.

"Yes we bloody are, what are you doing! On his! His- his- HIS LAP!?" Finn sounded like he was losing his mind as he struggled to ask a simple question. His sister shrunk under his shouting and tried to hide behind Bonnie. "Don't just- sit there! Say something!"

"Not you! I want her to explain!"

Fawnie was red with embarrassment as she climbed off of Bonnie's lap. He too, was the color of a ripe tomato, but Isiah seemed way too pleased with himself. "I-" She writhed her hands together, lacing her fingers with one another before cracking her knuckles by clenching them tightly into fists. "We were... kissing... if you... couldn't tell." Her eyes were tightly closed as she awaited Finn's outburst.

When there was no sound coming from her brother she looked up at him nervously and found him looking terribly confused, "I could tell... but... why him? No offense." He held up a hand toward Bonnie as Isiah watched with a smirk.

"Why do you seem so bloody happy, 'Siah?"

Isiah shrugged with his hands stuffed into his pockets, "Just saw this comin' is all." Fawnie felt her face drop and her eyes widened as she looked to Bonnie who seemed to be struggling to not look at her.

"Saw it- what?!" Finn exclaimed.

"You're telling me you haven't seen how that bloke's been looking at Fawnie, like she's some kind of... model or actress... like she's pretty."

"Hey!" Fawnie interjected, having heard the same thing from Michael already.

Isiah ignored her and tried to explain to Finn how obvious it was that Fawn and Bonnie were smitten with one another. "We don't even know what happened when she and Mickey went to hang with the other g*psies! And she's never been on to blush around anybody ever! And we can't forget how Fawnie seems to stick up for Bon whenever we give him shit? Or all the times they've been caught looking at each other like little kids!"

"How are you not seeing this?" Isiah asked Finn with a genuine look of concern.

Finn shrugged off Isiah's hand as he looked between Bonnie and his sister. "Fuckin' hell, this must be what Tommy and Arthur felt like when Ada began dating... never thought anyone would have the balls big enough to go after me own little sister." He scratched the back of his head, still sporting a grossed out look.

"Just... be good to her, yea? Then maybe Tommy won't fuckin' cut ya for looking at her." Finn stuck his hand out to Bonnie with a slight smile. Bonnie shook Finn's hand and nodded.

"Even if Tommy cuts me, I'd never hurt her... she's been through too much to get treated like anything less than royalty." Fawnie's heart grew in size at Bonnie's declaration and she tried not to look too satisfied with the outcome of the night. Even with a headache beginning to form in the front of her head, she was feeling incredibly happy.

Her brother looked at her, "If Tommy finds out, I didn't know about this, deal?" Fawnie thought about it for a second before shaking her brother's hand. "And if you get pregnant, I'll kill him." This time, Finn smiled and it creeped Fawnie out.

"Please don't kill Bonnie, we aren't even dating yet."

Isiah leaned on Finn's shoulder, "She said yet." He murmured with a big smile. Fawnie shook her head at Isiah with a smile beginning to grow on her own face, "I'm gonna go, I'm fucked." Finn supported Isiah with an arm around the older lad's shoulders.

"Take her home will ya? I've got this bloke to help out."

Bonnie nodded at Finn, "Course, you've got nothing to worry about, Finn. I'll keep her safe."

"I'll hold you to it." He and Isiah began to leave before he turned back for a moment, "Oh and Fawnie?" She glanced up at him, "You know you have to tell the family right?" She froze in place as she realized that Tommy wasn't the only person they had to worry about. There was Pol, Michael, Arthur... maybe even Ada.

With that, Finn left his terrified sister and Bonnie in the pub. "Oh fuck how am I going to tell them-"

She was cut off by Bonnie, "There's nothing to tell them, Fawnie. It's like you said, we aren't even dating... we've only kissed. If you want to be together, I wouldn't be against it even with your crazy family needing to approve of me I mean, sure, Mr. Shelby scares me but he's your brother and I'm sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt you-" Fawnie pressed her lips to Bonnie's in order to silence him and it worked.

"Will you be my boyfriend, Mr. Gold?"

He smiled and nodded, "It'd be my greatest honor, Ms. Shelby."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

SO THEY'RE DATING AND IN SHELBY FASHION, FAWNIE MADE THE MOVE!! I know it seems it took ages for them to start dating but I didn't want to focus on her being Bonnie's girlfriend. I wanted to include romance besides the more heavy and dark themes of Peaky Blinders S4. I hope y'all enjoyed the build-up to their relationship hehe... I love Bon so much. 

TY to psychograyxo for beta-ing this chapter <3 P.S updates may slow down due to me not having written a lot for this book lately, I'm in a rut again but I promise to update ASAP!! Also!! Thank you lot for over 21.5k reads, it warms my heart seeing the consist reads and votes. I've dreamt of this type of reaction since I joined Wattpad <3