38 | Revenge

There was nothing, then there was everything all at once

There was nothing, then there was everything all at once. Darkness and quiet, solitude and then... heavenly light with shouting and chaos. First, she felt fear then pain, so much pain. Fawnie didn't know what hurt more, her throat, her hand, or her head.

"Fawnie dear, you've got to wake up now. Come on, I know you're there."

The voice wasn't unfamiliar, but Fawn knew who the woman was by the feeling of her skin. Aunt Polly's hands held Fawnie's head up, the younger Shelby didn't know how Pol guessed Fawn couldn't hold it up on her own, but Fawnie was thankful nonetheless.

Fawnie made a move to speak but Polly cut her off, "Don't try and talk, it'll only make it worse. You and Arthur are in terrible shape, but I think you'll be okay." Hearing that Arthur was alive made so much weight lift off of Fawn's shoulders, he was okay. They still have Arthur.

Bright blue eyes met her great aunt's brown ones, Polly smiled gingerly at Fawnie, "There you are love," Fawn still felt exhausted but noticed that the blood that previously dried on her throat was gone. "You're at my house, alright? You've got to listen to me before anything else happens, you need to know his plan."

From Polly's tone alone, Fawnie could tell it was Tommy Pol spoke of. Fawnie nodded for Polly to continue.

"Everyone thinks you and Arthur are dead, it has to be like this. Linda knows of him being okay, but only Tommy and I know you're alive. They have to think you are dead, we had to tell Finn-" Tears welled up in their eyes, "That you died."

Fawnie soon couldn't see a thing as she tried to imagine how he felt. He still believed them to be twins and even though they both knew she had a different mother (and father), the connection was still there. "Is he okay?" The words were quiet and raspy, Fawn coughed shallowly after she spoke. Her voice scratched at her throat painfully.

"Yes, he is. And he will be, you mustn't worry about him right now. In order for Tommy's plan to work, you must stay dead until the time is right."

All Fawnie could do was nod as she held onto her aunt's shoulders. The plush couch beneath her supported her well. Memories of the fight returned and Fawn remembered Bonnie, what was he told? Did he think he lost Fawnie too? After his mum... after everything? "Bonnie," Fawn choked out and Polly nodded.

Polly's warm hands cradled Fawn's face once more as Fawn cried at the realization that Bon thought she had died. "I know love, but soon enough he'll know the truth."

Fawnie shook her head at Polly, finally feeling regret for her actions. If she had stayed in the stands, she'd be fine right now. Grieving yet another brother (/uncle) surely wouldn't be worse than John's death, right? "I shou-" Her voice didn't allow another syllable to come out and it angered Fawn beyond belief. "I-" She couldn't control her breathing as she struggled to speak.

When everything began, she cried silently. But now she sobbed loudly trying to speak her mind. Fawnie hated it, being out of control of her own body. "Fawnie, just relax, alright? We've got it all figured out, everything; all of it. There's nothing more you can do right now but heal." Polly used the voice that she always directed toward the kids, motherly with a slight threat snuck in there.