Chapter 17

After that funny/awkward incident, I brought Niki into my room.

"Niki, I have a great idea!" I exclaimed after closing the door.
"What's that, Y/N?" She asks.
"We could go ice skating around Christmastime!"
"That's a great idea! I haven't been ice skating in a while."

We brought Tubbo and Tommy into my room to tell them. Fundy didn't want to come because he claimed he didn't like ice skating and Phil was spending time with his wife. We planned to go on Christmas Eve.

~~~ time skip :) ~~~

I haven't told Wil what we were doing but I did tell him there's a surprise later. Niki was secretly coming over and Tubbo was coming over with Tommy.

Around 1:30 the children arrived. Niki still wasn't here but she texted me and told me she was on her way from the airport.

"What are the children doing here?" Wil asked as he came out of his room.
"They're tagging along today," I said.
"I guess," he said, jokingly.

A few minutes later a knock came from the door. I opened it to find Niki. I let her in quietly because Wil and Tommy were being stupid and didn't notice.

"Wil, look who's here!" I exclaimed, closing the door.
"Niki! Hi! I didn't know you were coming," he stammered out. "Are you tagging along today like the children?"
She giggled. "Yes, I am."

After an hour or two, we had to watch The Grinch before we left by request of Tommy, we all piled into Wil's car. I didn't tell him where we were going so I had to tell him the directions.

"We're going fucking ice skating?" He asked as we pulled into the parking lot.
"Yeah, surprise!"

We got inside and the whole place was covered in bright Christmas lights and even had a fully decorated tree. We rented skates and made our way onto the ice.

As I suspected, Niki was good at it. Tubbo and Tommy were somewhat okay, they kept falling a few times which was funny. But Wilbur, god, he was like a baby giraffe. He had to cling onto Niki to keep from falling every second.

I skated over to the two boys.

"How's it going?" I asked as Tommy fell on his ass.
"It's going good, Y/N," Tubbo said.
"Yeah, it's bloody great," Tommy mumbled, still sitting on his ass. "How are you so good at this?"
I reached my hands out to Tommy, helping him up. "I used to ice skate in America," I said.

When I was in America, I would sneak out of the foster home I was in and went to the ice skating rink. Before my parents had given me up, every year around Christmas they would take me to the skating rink, and every year, around Christmas, that's where I would go. I used to get jealous when I would see kids with their families, but I've gotten used to it.

"Y/N, you okay?" Tubbo asked.
I snapped back into reality. "Huh?"
"You zoned out there. What's on your mind?" Tommy asked, sorta holding on to me for dear life.
"Oh, I was just thinking about before I came here, that's all."
"Okay," they said.

I looked over at Niki and Wil. Some progress was made as they tried skating a lap around the rink. Wil was falling still but not as much and when he would he would drag Niki down with him. Niki noticed I was looking and shot me a smile. I smiled back.

"You boys wanna get some hot chocolate?" I asked. "There's a cafe down the street with 'the best hot cocoa' as they claim."
They both nodded. "Let's go," Tubbo said. "These skates are starting to hurt my feet."

We put our skates back and made our way down the street to the cafe. The bell jingled above the door as we walked in.

"I'll order, go find us some seats," Tommy said.
Tubbo and I nodded and found a booth.

"Did you have fun?" I asked Tubbo.
"Yeah, that was awesome! We should do it again sometime."
I agreed and pulled out my phone to text Wil. I forgot to before we left.

Y/N: me and the boys went to the cafe down the street to get hot choccy
Wilbur: ok we'll be there soon
Y/N: ok having fun with niki?
Wilbur: did you set it up
Y/N: you didn't hear this from me but niki wanted to do something with you for christmas :)
Wilbur: ok :)

"Wilbur and Niki are having fun," I said.
"Did you set them up?" Tommy asked, sitting down with our cups of hot choccy.
"I had the idea to go ice skating and to leave them together, so I would say yeah. Wil said they'll be here soon."
"Oh, okay."

A moment later, the bell jingled. I looked over and saw Niki and Wilbur.

"Over here, guys!" I called out.
They came over and sat in the booth. Niki and Tubbo on one side of the table and Wilbur squishing me and Tommy on the other side.

"Ow, fuck," Wilbur said, as he took a drink of my hot chocolate. "That's hot."
"Yeah, it's called hot chocolate for a reason," I said. "That's what you get for stealing my hot choccy."

After we finished our drinks, and Wilbur stealing most of mine, we went back home. Niki was going back to her place after Christmas but the boys were going back tonight to spend Christmas with their families.

~~~ christmas time :D ~~~

"Merry Christmas, motherfucker!" I yelled as I was sitting in the living room and Wil walked out of his room.
"It's too early for yelling," he mumbled, rubbing the tires out of his eyes
"Morning, Wil," Niki said.
"Oh, good morning, Niki," he said, sitting next to her on the couch.

For the next few minutes we opened what we got and then Wil went to make us some breakfast.

"How was yesterday?" I asked Niki.
"It was great. I noticed you and the boys left us alone."
"Yeah," I said, smirking and nudging her with my elbow.

The rest of the day was fun. Wil, Niki, and I spent the rest of the day baking, which was mainly us throwing flour on Wil. Around 5, Tommy and Tubbo called. They showed off some of what they got.

"Oh, I forgot. Dream sent us something a few days ago. He told us to open it on Christmas," Wil said, handing me an envelope.

I opened it and pulled out what was inside. A plane ticket to New York.

1110 words! Woo! Y'all, today i had to get a shot and blood drawn and i hate needles so ;-; but it was oki bc i got a milkshake after so :D love y'all <3 get ready for the next chapter, tis gonna be good :)