Chapter 22

I saw Miss Morgan start to come to the car. I quickly pulled my hood up and pulled the strings, hiding my face from her. I didn't like Miss Morgan, not one bit.

A few minutes later, they got all the bags inside and I saw some of the kids inside. They looked so happy to be given something. I feel bad for them.

The ride back was quiet, aside from the music playing softly.

"Why didn't you want to help, Y/N?" Karl asked. "If you don't mind me asking."
"Karl, I haven't known you long but you seem great, but I'm not ready to share my secrets with you," I said, looking out the window as we pulled up to the Airbnb.
"No, that's fine. It must be really personal, and I respect that." (i love karl)

I went to my room after we got home. A moment after I closed the door I heard someone knock.

"Y/N?" I heard Niki ask from the door. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, Niki, I'm fine."
"Can I come in?"
"Yeah."

She slowly opened the door. "Y/N.."
"I'm fine, Niki," I said, my voice cracked. I was so close to being seen by Miss Morgan.
"Do you want to talk about it or do you want to be comforted?" She asked.
"Please, hold me," I whispered.
"Of course, honey," she said, pulling me in for a hug.

I cried into her shoulder. I hated people seeing me cry, it made me feel weak and that I was asking for attention.

"It's okay, it'll be okay," she said, rubbing circles in my back. "Do you want to talk to anyone?"
"Wil."
"Okay, honey, I'll go get him," she said, starting to pull out of the hug.
"No, please stay." I didn't want to be alone right now.
"Okay," she said. She pulled out her phone so I figured she was texting him.

My suspicion was correct because he came in a minute later.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" He asked.
I leaned out of Niki's hold and reached a hand out for him.
He joined our hug and I cried as they both rubbed my back.
"What happened?" Wil asked.
"I don't want to go back," I whispered.
"Back where?"
"W-we went to..to the foster home. I don't want to go back, Wil."
"It's okay, Y/N. You don't have to go back."
"It's terrible there, I was almost seen. I don't want to go back. I hate it there. It's not a good place."

Wil and Niki kept rubbing my back while I silently cried.

I checked my phone a bit later. It was almost 5.
"Can we go see the tree tonight?" I asked, pulling out of the hug.
"Do you want to see the tree tonight?" Niki asked.
I nodded, wiping my face with my hoodie sleeve.
"Okay, then we'll go see the tree tonight," Wil said, giving me a soft smile.

We left my room and made our way to the lounge. Everyone was watching the rest of the harry potter movies.

"Hey, guys," Wil said.
"Hey, Wilbur," Tommy said.
I sat next to Tommy on the couch and laid my head on his shoulder.
"Can we go see the Rockefeller tree?" I asked.
"Yeah, after the movie," Dream said.
It was near the end of the movie so it wouldn't be that long.

I went to my room to put a hoodie on before we left. I knew it would be cold.
Soon, Tommy walked in.

"Hello, darling," I said, grabbing both of his hoodies that I had.
"You're a thief, you know that? Stealing everything; my hoodies, my heart, damn," he said, smiling.
I smiled and put both hoodies on. "Mine."
"C'mon let's go," he said.
"Wait, hold on," I said, sitting back on the bed and putting Eret's boots on.
"Dammit, not the boots."
"Yes, the boots, short little man."

"You guys ready to go?" Wil asked.
"Yup," I said, smiling. "Let's go!"

We made it to Rockefeller Center around 7.