Characters

Xie Royal Family

King Xin Chao:
Other titles — King, Your Majesty

The 97th and current king of the Xie Kingdom. Resides in the Rue Palace.
Age: 57; Height: 177 cm

Crown Prince Xin Hua:
Other titles — Crown Prince, Your Highness

The sole prince and heir to the throne, born from the queen. His previous Crown Princess was Lian Song but at her sudden death, her younger sister, Lian Yu takes her place. Resides in the Vermillion Palace.
Age: 22; Height: 183 cm

2nd Princess, Xin Lan:
Other titles — 2nd princess, Your Highness

The only princess of the Xie Kingdom, as the first princess died of illness at a young age. She is mute, unable to speak, and was a friend of Lian Song, the late Crown Princess. Resides in the Tranquil Palace.
Age: 24; Height: 166 cm

____

Lian Clan

Lian Gen:
Other titles — Physician, My Lord , Clan Leader Lian

A descendant of one of the Three Great Noble Clans who founded the Xie Kingdom with the first king. As the Lian Clan head, he has influence in the royal court and even the military, but has decided to put it aside to practice medicine and run a clinic for the common folk. He is sometimes called into the palace to help the royal physician along with other affairs.
Age: 48; Height: 179 cm

Min Jie:
Other titles — Madame

Wife of Lian Gen and helps her husband in his practice where they own a clinic. From a noble family.
Age: 45; Height: 161 cm

Lian Song:
Other titles — Late Crown Princess

The late Crown Princess and deceased. Eldest child and the 1st daughter.
Age: 25; Height: 165 cm

Lian Zhong:
Other titles — Young Master, Commander

Next to lead the Lian Clan and holds a position as the military Commander under General Ru Yan, also one of the Three Great Noble Clans. The only son of Lian Gen and husband to Yuan Li, daughter of Clan Leader Yuan Gen, who he married not too long ago.
Age: 21; Height: 182 cm

Yuan Li:
Other titles — Lady

Second child of Yuan Gen and wife to Lian Zhong. She is good friends with Lian Yu and also knew her sister, Lian Song.
Age: 18; Height: 163 cm

Lian Yu:
Other titles — Your Highness, Crown Princess

The now Crown Princess and also knows medicine like her father. Currently resides in the Vermillion palace with Xin Hua. 
Age: 20; Height: 169 cm

____

Ru Clan

General Ru Yan:
Other titles — General, My Lord, Clan Leader

Head of the Ru Clan, one of the Three Great Noble Clans. As the General he has control of the army and has Lian Zhong as his Commander. Despite his title, he still has influence in the court as a clan leader. Has no other member of his family except for his son as his wife passed away a year ago.
Age: 50; Height: 181 cm

Ru Mingyu:
Other titles — Young Master Ru, Sir Ru

Next to lead the Ru Clan and is currently under the guidance of his father for this. He is known to wander into the palace grounds quite often since he is the Crown Prince's sparring partner.
Age: 22; Height: 182 cm

____

Yuan Clan

Yuan Qi:
Other titles — My Lord, Clan Leader Yuan

Head of the Yuan Clan, one of the Three Great Noble Clans. In charge of keeping the kingdom's historical records safe. His wife passed after giving birth to his daughter, Yuan Li.
Age: 47; Height: 177 cm

Yuan Shan:
Other titles — Young Master Yuan

Next to lead the Yuan Clan and is learning all that is necessary to be the next in keeping the kingdom's historical records safe.
Age: 20; Height: 180 cm