Chapter 47

The day was now turning dark as Crown Prince Xin Hua rode on with a horse taken from the enemy along with Commander Lian Zhong right behind him. A loud whistle, Lian Zhong quickly rolled up a message he had written prior. It was a short while until the messenger hawk's cries could be heard from the sky. A descent from above, the Commander outstretched his arm as it landed. Opening the carrier, he placed the note in before thrusting his arm upward, giving the hawk a lift.

Watching as the bird's figure got smaller and smaller, Xin Hua looked behind him for a brief moment. "Do you think he will get the message on time?!" he shouted over the loud gallops.

Lian Zhong nodded, "I'm certain he will."

With their attention now on getting to Lian Yu, the look on Xin Hua's face expressed deep uneasiness.

Awakening, Crown Princess Lian Yu looked around in confusion at what she was seeing. She was in what seemed like a cave with torches that lit the space. As her consciousness became more clear, she soon realized that she was now dressed differently in white robes and lying on a stone table with limbs tied to each corner. Pulling, she tried to free herself from her restraints. And hearing her movements, entered Crown Prince Han Yinjie.

Following him, were just a few of the men who worked under him and awaiting his next order. A closer look, Lian Yu saw that the book Han Yinjie held was not ordinary. The cover was made from leather and the pages were still intact despite it's obvious old age.

Coming to her, Han Yinjie stood with a pleased expression. This was due to the fact that they were able to make it to this place right on time, on the 12th day of the 12th month, and before the 12th hour despite her escape. He also had to thank Crown Prince Xin Hua along with the others for bringing her close to where they were meant to take her. "I'm sure you know what this place is," he assumed.

Where they resided, was a place that has long been mentioned in stories of the Wei Kingdom to inhabit a creature that is its protector. As mysterious as it's name, it is called Crimson Mountain. It is also where His Divine God Bai is said to have gained divine abilities and rests.

"....What will you gain from this?" she asked.

A cunning smile, he turned to her. "To break those damned from this curse we carry. We, the carriers of royal blood."

Surrounding her, men clad in black chanted words of an old language spoken before the formation of the Four Kingdoms. They also seemed familiar with this rite they were performing. A cloth tied over her mouth to prevent her from speaking, Lian Yu looked around thinking of any possibilities for escape.

Looking at her struggle, Crown Prince Han Yinjie who wore fine robes of the blue dragon embroidered stood still as he watched everything unfold. He was going to bear witness to the beginning of a new era.

The chanting became low, as a man who also wore the same black robes entered with a dagger in hand that held the carvings of a ram. As he approached the Xie Crown Princess, their voices then grew louder and louder and once he was before her silence entered. His hands gripping the handle tightly, the man pointed the blade at her chest from above.

"May these eyes of Her Divine Goddess Xifeng, bring upon the rebirth of the Four Kingdoms."

Fear filled Lian Yu as she tried to scream. Fighting against her restraints, she did so although she knew she couldn't get out of them. The blade then came rushing down as her eyes widened knowing she will die and only ruin would follow.

Incoming, an arrow pierced the man's hand causing him to drop the blade. Painfully, he stumbled back as he held his hand and looking to the one responsible, was Crown Prince Xin Hua who held a bow in hand, and right behind him was Xue. Entering from the cave's opening, the two drew their swords as the men who were chanting rushed forward to defend. It's possible that the men who were assigned to stand guard outside were already dead.

As quickly as they came, so did they fall since they held no weapons to defend themselves against the two. With a darkened expression and full of malice, Han Yinjie's eyes turned into a glare watching as Xin Hua reached Lian Yu and began to untie her.

Infuriated, a string of laughter was still able to flow from his mouth as he slowly drew his own sword. This caught their attention and it brought upon feelings like confusion and felt almost intimidating seeing so. It were as though a tiger was before them with its eyes locked on its prey. "Xue, I sent you to bring back Crown Princess Lian Yu but instead you come back a traitor. Your family shall now perish!" he roared.

With Lian Yu behind him and Xue at his left, Xin Hua scoffed. "He is no longer at your mercy. I am now protecting them." With their deal, it was decided that Lian Zhong should be at their residence to fend them against any order of attack.

Bringing his blade forward to show them, he chuckled. "I've coated this in a very special liquid I recently acquired." His gaze turned to Lian Yu, making it all the more clearer. She never wanted anyone, especially him to get his hands on what she created.

His grip on the handle tightening, Xin Hua along with Xue readied themselves against Crown Prince Han Yinjie. It was known to all that has ever had a duel with him that despite being a little over than average for a swordsman, he remembered everything of that person's way of the sword.

However, coming before the two, Xue pointed his blade at the person he swore to protect his whole life. This only made Crown Prince Han Yinjie laugh. "I'm sure you only snuck past and killed the men who were posted outside." His assumptions were correct. "You should prepare yourselves to die."

"Leave!" Xue yelled.

Without any words, Xin Hua and Lian Yu left.

Now, it was just the master and the servant in this barren space. A discerning expression, Han Yinjie spoke. "You should also prepare your last words."

Outside, Crown Prince Xin Hua urged Lian Yu to quickly get onto the horse knowing that it could be any second that reinforcements will show up. Once she got on, so did he as he sat in front of her, and doing so the men under the Sui Crown Prince appeared.

Unsheathing his sword, Xin Hua turned back to look at her and could see fear written all over her face. His hands tightening on the reins and his blade, Xin Hua took a deep breath. "Don't pay any mind to them and focus on me instead. As long as I'm here everything will be alright."

The worry that once filled Crown Princess Lian Yu, faded away as she slowly wrapped her arms around his waist and hid her face in his back. The men closing in, Xin Hua readied himself now that he knew she was fine.

Flicking the reins, the horse gave a mighty cry as it then rushed forward into the crowd of men.

Elsewhere, a man on his horse stopped and so did the others that followed. Bringing his arm out, that same messenger hawk landed as he took the note out to read.
.
.
.