Chapter 24

At long last, the day of the hunt has come. Leading the group of participants and attendants was King Xin Chao with his son, Crown Prince Xin Hua on his right and Clan Leader Yuan Qi at his left. Riding by Xin Hua's side was Ru Mingyu, as he is his personal guard. Among these participants, were high ranking nobles, those of the royal court, and Prince Ren Huiliang of the Ra Nation.

In their separate carriages, were Crown Princess Lian Yu and Princess Xin Lan at the center. Surrounding them were guards and servants.

Arriving to their destination, there were already some servants who had arranged the seats for everyone along with a few tents to store the weapons, food, and kills of the day.

The carriages coming to a stop, female servants opened the doors that shielded them from the forest beyond where they sat. Looking out, Crown Princess Lian Yu saw how despite the bright sun upon them, it was quite difficult for the light to penetrate through leaving it quite shadowed. But other than that, it allowed for one to be immersed in the aura of a hunter.

Getting off their horses, everyone left to their assigned seats. Making her way there, Lian Yu could feel eyes watching her and frowned to herself. Not many have ever seen the Crown Princess up close and having that chance today brought wonder. Those eyes she possessed were like none other, as though the heavens bestowed her with their vision.

Arriving to her seat, she remained standing as everyone now waited for King Xin Chao, whose seat sat at the end. Looking around, at every seat there was a small table before it that held refreshments along with liquor, jerky, and sweets.

Passing by the attendees, everyone's conversations dimmed at the presence of the king as they then bowed. His being was like no other, just like every previous king of the Xie Kingdom. The force they held compelled you to yield. By the raise of his hand, the people rose from their stance but remained standing. No one was to sit before the king.

Taking an empty cup into his grasp, a female servant that was already by his side filled it with liquor, and the other servants followed. Once she finished, he began. "Thank you all for attending this joyous event. I'd like to officially welcome Prince Ren Huiliang of the Ra Nation to our Xie Kingdom, and for this I've organized a hunt."

The foreign prince couldn't help but smile with a chuckle. 

King Xin Chao raised his cup and doing so, the other men held theirs. "May the best hunter be mighty." as he then drank his liquor in one shot with the others following with content.

Lined up in rows, servants guided the horses to where they should stand as they awaited their riders. Beyond the grounds they stood on, participants had their own choice of working with others or alone. Among the wildlife they should hunt, were pheasants, wild boar, deer, rabbits, squirrels, quails, and even bears.

Going to their horses, the men mounted them with their gear ready. Already on his horse, Xin Hua rubbed its neck as Ru Mingyu came beside him. He was to accompany the Crown Prince.

Looking away from his beast, the Crown Prince's eyes wandered the grounds before making their way to that woman. Lian Yu was simply talking to Xin Lan with a gleeful expression. What they spoke of he didn't know, however those eyes of his looked as though they were trying to find her despite being right in front of him.

Feeling the eyes of another, the Crown Princess turned the direction it came from. Quickly, did Xin Hua avert his gaze elsewhere and doing so he came face to face with Ren Huiliang.

Seeing his friend, the foreign prince gave a sheepish grin. "May the best hunter win." as he then moved to another spot.

Eyes narrowed, Xin Hua became focused on his movements. As much as Ren Huiliang was a dear friend, something wasn't right about the timing of his arrival. Why was it that the moment he arrived, the unknown began to contact him?