Chapter 11

His brow raised in question, "If I may ask, what is the purpose of this mission?" Ru Mingyu asked his father, Clan Leader and General Ru Yan.

The mid-aged man bit the inside of his lip with ponder. "I need you to check the borders of the Four Kingdoms." he had to know if someone or something was invading their realm.

Hearing so, Ru Mingyu could only wonder. "Is there something happening that we do not know of?" He noticed how it's happening again.

Whenever matters of the nation occurred, his father was often worked up. However, he did not know the reason behind it all just like that day long ago when Lian Song suddenly entered the palace as the Crown Prince's partner. Even now, he does not know who the Crown Princess truly is.

Clan Leader Ru Yan sighed as his son did not know everything yet, and could only say otherwise. "Sorry, but they are matters concerning the king. I cannot be rash with the information told only to the few of us." his answer was just like Clan Leader Lian Gen.

Seeing that this is matter of personal affairs, the Young Master did not proceed any further with his curiosity of the situation. Heeding his father's words, he gave a short nod of the head. "I shall leave by dawn."

A journey to find what exactly crawls beneath their feet, hiding from their sight.

It was early evening at the Lian Clinic. This place was run by the family themselves along with workers they've hired. At a young age, did Clan Leader Lian Gen have a dream to help the unfortunate. He knew how expensive medicine can be especially for the poor and by creating this clinic, his dream became reality.

Tending to a boy, who was in his early teens, Clan Leader Lian Gen simply sighed. "Lei, at some point you will have to at least let your mother know about the amount of trouble you have or get into." he looked to be scolding.

The boy frowned, "Well, I don't want my mother to know! Also, it's not my fault that my stomach is hurting. I don't even know why it's hurting in the first place. The food my mother makes is delicious so it can't be that." quickly defending himself.

Tying the bag of medicine, the physician gave a displeased look. This made the boy jump, "Alright, I'll start telling my mother about it." succumbing to defeat. "And thank you for always treating me," conveying his sincerest gratitude. "I don't come from money and yet you always tend to me free of charge." he didn't know what he would do if it weren't for him.

The mid-aged man's expression settled into a huffed smile as he handed the medicine to him, "You are always welcome here." accepting his presence. "Besides, children should always explore so getting hurt is to be expected." this only reminded him of his children when they were young. They often got hurt, especially Lian Zhong as he used to be scared of everything.

Suddenly, Lei remembered something as he took the medicine, "Oh, I've been meaning to tell you something Physician Lian." he kept trying to tell him but always forgot.

Just when the mid-aged man was to return to work, he stayed where he was to listen. "Hm?"

"The other day I saw a rather strange man walking around the clinic."

This made the Clan Leader's eyes widen by a fraction with surprise but quickly shook away the feeling. "Do you happen to know what he was doing?" he needed to know if it was safe.

Lei fell into thought, trying to remember the details of that day. "Well, he was standing at the walls of the clinic just watching as you worked alongside your family and the others."

That sentence alone made his heart drop. Someone has been watching him, perhaps his whole family and yet he did not even know. All he knew, was that he had to keep his composure and heighten his guard. "Lei, maybe you are just imagining things. He probably just needed some help but was too afraid." his expression was a joyful one. "Also, you should hurry on home or else your mother will get worried." changing topics.

At that last sentence, the boy jumped in horror as his mother could be frightening in a state of anger. "Oh no!" he yelled as he took his things in hand and headed towards the gate to leave. "Thank you, Physician Lian! I'll see you another day." he quickly thanked him before leaving.

The moment he left, his look of joy faded as if it was never there. Scouring his surroundings, Lian Gen did not dare miss a single thing. He did not know who these people were, but one thing he knew for sure was that they are connected to the divine tree's suffering.

Once the doors to the clinic closed, Clan Leader Lian Gen immediately left to the Yuan residence. Since the beginning, the Yuan Clan has been responsible for holding the sacred history known only to the leaders of the Three Great Noble Clans and the king. It's remained that way ever since.

As he waited in the study of Clan Leader Yuan Shan, he paced back and forth in a frantic manner. What he heard today, was enough to throw him into a pit of worry and fear for his family.

For everyone.

Footsteps then came, entering the study. It was Clan Leader Yuan Qi, and the expression he carried was a calm one, not yet knowing the details. "Has something happened for you to see me?" he asked.

Lian Gen's eyes shut for a second, "Maybe it is time we tell our sons the truth." bringing up the information they also learned when it was their time.

The look on Yuan Qi's face was not approving, "Lian Gen, we cannot be so rash with such things. The times right now are tight because of the divine tree's state." he didn't want any information getting out due to this.

Eyes lowering, the physician frowned, "That's true.....however time is also running out. Our blood, it's warning us Yuan Qi." he was fearful of what's coming. "The longer we wait, the faster such a tragedy will fall upon us." he did not want to stand around and do nothing.

Clan Leader Yuan Qi sighed heavily as he knew his answer was also not wrong. "Fine," giving in, "but we must wait a little longer."

This made a brow raise on Clan Leader Lian Gen, "Why so?" he asked.

A hand come over his nose bridge before then coming back to his side, "Ru Yan sent his son to observe the borders." speaking of Ru Mingyu's mission.

Lian Gen was not yet aware of this until now, and once he heard it, he bit the inside of his lip. "I just hope the time we wait won't be too long." as the size of the Four Kingdoms is not one to laugh at.

The treasures it holds is like none other. Once you saw them, you couldn't look away.
.
.
.