Chapter 25

Upon discovering that the man was in fact an intruder, Crown Prince Xin Hua and Ru Mingyu followed him back to the camp. Already gone, Ru Mingyu left with the group of guards that were sent after the man while Xin Hua stayed behind. As for the king, the guards were still looking for him.

Quickly walking around the grounds, the Crown Prince looked left and right, and saw that the people he were trying to find were nowhere to be found. Seeing Clan Leader Yuan Qi, he ran to him with heavy breaths.

"Clan Leader Yuan Qi, where are they?..........Where is my sister and the Crown Princess?!" voicing raising with panic.

The mid-aged man's brow jerked and confusion filled him, "What do you mean, Your Highness? They should still be at their seats with the guards protecting them." he was sure of it.

However, turning to where they were supposed to be, he too, saw no one. Eyes widening, he ran to their seats as to confirm it but once he got there his heart dropped deeper than the depths of the sea.

Imprisoned, Lian Yu and Xin Lan were being taken away in the carriage. It seems the guards Clan Leader Yuan Qi ordered to protect them were in fact imposters.

But how long have they been "guards"?

Trembling with anxiety, the princess's face was deathly pale as a cold sweat overcame her. Being in this situation only reminded her of an event that caused her to loose something important.

Trying to unscrew another loose nail on the door, Lian Yu noticed Xin Lan's expression and so she stopped to hold her hand. "Don't worry, I'll get us out of here." she wanted her to calm down in order to not be swayed by the fear.

Then, just very faintly words were spoken outside of where the two were held. Pressing her ear against the wall of the carriage, Lian Yu listened closely to what the men were saying despite the noise.

"Do as I say! Kill the princess, we only need the Crown Princess." one man said to the others.

It was here that everything changed. Lian Yu had to think fast. Letting go of the princess's hand, she tried doing all she could to pull that nail out and by doing so she was certain the frame would become loose. Pulling and pulling, her hands ached more considering the fact that she had already taken a few out before, but that didn't matter. With a life on the line she couldn't sit back.

After a grueling moment of a race against time, she was finally able to remove it. However, this caused the carriage to subtly shake from the force, alerting the coachman slow down but not stop.

"What was that?" the man who guided the carriage asked.

The Crown Princess froze as eyes widened. It was like she was underwater, holding her breath.

"Does it matter what it is?! Keep moving!" it was the same man who gave orders earlier. He is probably the one who led these men.

With the carriage now moving again, she went to the opposite side of the weakened frame. Looking to Xin Lan who trembled, she gave a frowned smile.

Using every ounce of strength, Lian Yu forcibly rammed into the frame. This was noticed by the coachman but did not stop as the leader would likely shout. Again, Lian Yu prepared herself. A deep breath, she stood for a few seconds before running into the door, and like that the door detached from the carriage.

"Lan, jump off!" she yelled as she hit the ground with a loud thud.

The carriage was moving fast and despite being afraid of how much it will hurt, Xin Lan jumped off without another thought.

From the moment the Crown Princess broke through the prison, the men had already taken notice but took a while to slow down the carriage. However, the men that weren't on the carriage, were already after them.