Chapter 30

Sitting alone as he read a book, Prince Ren Huiliang could tell he was not the only person in this space. The window situated by his bed slowly creaking open, he shut his book but did not face that direction.

"What brings you here?" he questioned the individual behind the window.

The individual held a malicious smirk, "Wouldn't Your Highness rather join us than be against us?"

Ren Huiliang laughed at his offer. "I'm sorry, but I have my own plans and have no need to join a band of traitors." He was well aware of their movements.

Turning away, the individual walked away as he spoke words that seemed to be a warning. "We shall move once again."

This raised a brow on the prince, unsure of what that person meant exactly. It sounded as though there were another meaning to it.

Ever since the meeting between the Crown Prince and the heirs of the Three Great Noble Clans, the Peach Palace has also been under far greater strict security than before. The Crown Princess was the subject of these men's gathering and everything that has happened. When their next move would be, no one knew and precautions had to be taken.

Sitting together within her chambers, Lian Yu and Ru Mingyu spoke about all the things they wanted. Due to the heighten amount of guards, gaining entry to meet her hasn't been the easiest as identification and body checks were made. And with nightfall nearing, she could only frown as he would soon be leaving.

"Has your father been well?" she asked him.

Eyes upon the setting sun, he lowered his gaze before turning to her. "Of course, there haven't been any movements recently." Not since the incident concerning the prince of the Ra Nation. "But we have been capturing more and more of the men who are not of the palace or the kingdom."

A troubled expression overcame the Crown Princess. "If something should happen, please protect my family."

This raised a brow on Ru Mingyu as he didn't understand what she meant by that. "What do you mean?"

The woman lightly chuckled, "I just want them to be safe."

A frown, and lips then curling he gave a short bow to her, not as Lian Yu, but as the Crown Princess. "With honor."

Even if her mother didn't love her, Lian Yu couldn't help but still care. In this lifetime, she will only ever have one mother and no other.

Looking away, those beautiful eyes of hers made their way to the peach tree that peaked behind the small hill beyond her courtyard. "One evening," remembering the events of that night. "His Highness visited me out of the blue." This gained her friend's attention as it was quite strange.

"He was drunk and wanted to know about Song and I did as he wished...... Suddenly, he began to cry...." She was filled with sympathy seeing his state especially with his next words. "He kept pushing me away saying 'everyone leaves sooner or later.'"

Those words she recited, reminded Ru Mingyu of something concerning the Crown Prince. However, he did not mention it believing he shouldn't be so rash of the royal member's background.

A huffed chuckle, she continued. "And for some reason I promised that I wouldn't leave." This was something she didn't understand herself. Was it simply in the spur of the moment?

"Why did you promise so despite the pain he caused you?" he questioned. "Weren't you saddened by his actions?" he wanted to know her answer.

Biting the inside of her lip, Lian Yu fell into thought before a sheepish grin covered her lips. "I don't know," her eyes lowered. "But one thing for sure is that although I was indeed hurt by His Highness, I also cannot blame him. He didn't know how to handle the death of someone he loved so much, and if I were him I'd probably hurt another unintentionally as well."

The young man looked on with wonder in his eyes. Although she didn't understand everything, she knew enough to not blame him and even understood the pain he carried.

"You truly are Her Highness, the Crown Princess."

The title she held, was something only she were worthy of holding.

Reading that same book, the window suddenly creaked opened once more. Only this time, there was no man but a note that flew onto his lap. Prince Ren Huiliang's brow raising, he took the folded paper and revealed its contents.

"Tranquil," he said to himself.

The prince thought about what it is that this word meant besides the obvious. Eyes widening, it then hit him. Trying to pull himself out of bed despite his unresponsive lower half, Ren Huiliang fell and hit the floorboard. What was to happen, was going to be a horrible HORRIBLE tragedy.

"HER HIGHNESS, PRINCESS XIN LAN IS IN DANGER!" he cried.

Gasping for air, the pool of blood beneath her got bigger and bigger. The woman looked at that same man who spoke to the foreign prince not too long ago.

Pulling the sword out from her chest, she grunted in pain. "Who are you?......" she mouthed, trying to speak. However, nothing came.

A smirk, he simply bowed. "His aid, Xue."

Princess Xin Lan of the Tranquil Palace, has been forever silenced.
.
.
.