Chapter 50

Looking at the red thread tied around her fourth finger, the woman's gaze followed the trail that lead down the staircase of the Peach Palace. Descending down those stairs, she came face to face with the back of that silhouette once again. Coming forward to that person, she was now able to touch them. However, as soon her hand made contact, everything began to disappear.

Eyes slowly opening, Crown Princess Lian Yu looked about the room she resided in. It was quite familiar but only this time she could tell it was safe. Then, her gaze came to her side where Crown Prince Xin Hua laid asleep. She blinked in a repetitive manner for a few seconds before pushing herself to sit up. Her head was down, facing her lap as she was still not fully awake.

"Yu,"

Hearing that voice, it was like all the tiredness left her as she turned to see the owner of that voice. Once she did, a frown along with liquid filling her ducts overcame her. "Mingyu," it has been so long since she's seen him.

Ru Mingyu lightly chuckled as he came closer. She was able to see the bandages that extended outside his robes and she speculated that there were more. Not only that, there was now a scar on his face above his left eye.

"His Highness never left your side as you remained in deep slumber." It was days that she remained in a coma like state as no matter how loud or what was done, she wouldn't awaken. And this worried the Crown Prince as he couldn't bear to leave her side, fearing she may awaken at a time he isn't present.

Her frown deepened hearing so as she then burst into tears. Seeing her suddenly cry, Ru Mingyu rushed to her. "Are you alright?!" he exclaimed.

Wiping her tears away, she looked at her friend. "I'm so happy that everyone is alright." she sniffled. "I thought everyone was dead and after our split, I never saw you again."

The guard chuckled with a subtle smile, "I was indeed near death's door as more men closed in on me but I was saved by His Highness the second prince, Han Zhaohui. I ran, hid, and fought for days believing that my inevitable fate would be death." He was also deprived of sleep and filled with hunger as well as he had no time to rest.

Relieved, Lian Yu's beautiful eyes turned to Xin Hua. A smile, her hand came over his and squeezed them dearly.

"I'm so glad you're alive."

The drums sounded. With every beat, Han Zhaohui took a step in the fine robes that every Crown Prince was to wear during their coronation for the crown. It was a rite of passage that gave attention to the importance of their divine birth and how they would bring prosperity to the next generation that should follow. And although he wasn't given a grand ceremony for the receiving of the Crown Prince title like those before him and instead the crown, there wasn't a need. The heavens have already read his soul, recognizing him to a resilient and empathetic individual.

Present at this auspicious ceremony, were those of the royal court who had been longing for his return along with Crown Prince Xin Hua, Crown Princess Lian Yu, Ru Mingyu, and Lian Zhong. Their attendance made it special, as it looked like the vermillion bird watched the true heir ascend to his rightful place.

Standing at the top of the stairs where his seat resided, Han Zhaohui took the cursed blade that held the carvings of the ram and raised it to the sky for the heavens to see. With this, the official of rites spoke.

"To cleanse the palace grounds of the sinful acts Han Yinjie committed, His Majesty, Han Zhaohui, must shed his blood upon the blade and place it on the grounds of the Plum Palace. By doing this, Her Divine Goddess Daiyu shall take it into her possession so that no other soul should use it for any acts of treachery ever again."

Once his words came to an end, King Han Zhaohui pressed the sharp blade against his hand and ran it down. Blood began to spill as it now covered the metal. He felt no pain from this. Placing it onto the tray present at his side by a servant, he brought his hands together, staining both red. Separating them, he bowed to the ground with hands and forehead touching the pavement. Following his actions, so did all those present that did the same.

The drums sounded once again and everyone was to remain in that position until the beating stops. In the midst of this, Crown Prince Xin Hua slowly turned to look at Crown Princess Lian Yu from the side. She wasn't aware of his gaze being that she was focused on not wanting to disrupt the ceremony in any way.

A short smile, Xin Hua turned back to how he was before. He was overjoyed that she was by his side. Now that the horror was over, they didn't have to worry about separation or fear of death upon them.

"You're here, I'm here. That's all that matters."

Shortly afterwards, Lian Yu also took a quick glance at him. The look she held was bittersweet; happy that he and everyone was safe but still impacted by the events. Her phoenix eyes shutting, she now awaited for the end of the ceremony.
.
.
.