Chapter 53

Clan Leader Ru Yan bowed, "We thank Your Majesty, for your grand hospitality." Doing so, the others did the same.

King Han Zhaohui returned a bow as well, "It was an honor having you." He always held high respect for the Xie Kingdom as he knew they were great, but it grew even more after they saved his kingdom.

Rising from his stance, the king's personal guard Ming Yunru entered with a book in hand. Presenting it to the royal, he took it and came down the short flight of stairs from the throne. Now before the group, he spoke. "This does not belong to us, nor anyone. King Han Yusheng found this book and doing so, he took it without knowing of its origins. Because of this, information that should have been kept a secret was revealed to those who abuse their power."

In front of Yuan Shan, Han Zhaohui held it out for him to take. He was aware that the noble's family has been entrusted with upholding the secrets since the beginning.

A short bow, Yuan Shan took the book that held wonders beyond this world. "I shall bring it back to where it once was that humans couldn't reach." The One Rise book, that had been lost for hundreds of years.

With their goodbyes said and done, they started their journey back to the Xie Kingdom. The carriage at the center, General Ru Yan led the party with Crown Prince Xin Hua and Commander Lian Zhong by his side, Ru Mingyu and Yuan Shan beside the front of the carriage, and the soldiers positioned around them. Although Xin Hua didn't have to ride outside with the others, he decided to. He was completely healed, so he wanted to be on the lookout as well. But overlooking those details, he was more or less too embarrassed to be in front of her because of the gift he had given her.

A few hours passing since their departure, Crown Princess Lian Yu's boredom of being alone in the space along with the quietness finally hit her. Eyes slowly closing, her head tilted to the side to rest. Taking notice of this, Ru Mingyu slowed down the pace of his horse and reached to close the blinds so that the light won't touch her face. Yuan Shan laughed seeing this and Ru Mingyu who was returning to his position, lightly scoffed as he knew his friend was mocking him.

"In the end you're just like Zhong: overly protective." Yuan Shan spoke.

In a way this irked Ru Mingyu as he reached inside the pocket attached to his horse's saddle and searched for something. Taking it out, it was an old and unused short sword case. A firm hold, he threw it at his unsuspecting friend, hitting his face. This only caused Yuan Shan to laugh more as he knew was right.

Despite Ru Mingyu's often calm and settled demeanor, Yuan Shan was always the one to break his image. The Clan Leader was aware of this, and simply chuckled as it reminded him of when the children of the Three Great Noble Clans were younger and always bickering with one another. Lian Zhong expressed the same reaction as well.

However, turning to Lian Zhong, Ru Yan's expression changed. "When we return, we must have a proper funeral for your mother and father." Although they have been buried already, he believed it was best to do it once more since Lian Zhong and Lian Yu were now returning.

Lian Zhong nodded at his words with a frown coming about, "Of course." It still felt unreal that they were not of this world anymore. The day he left with the Crown Prince and Ru Mingyu, he believed that their safety was secured and that there would no longer be any sort of attack within the Xie Kingdom. However, it was like Han Yinjie read his thoughts and decided to take action.

"When you become Clan Leader," Xin Hua suddenly spoke causing Lian Zhong's attention to come to the royal. "I will give you the support you need without a doubt."

The Commander was unsure of what to say. Despite now being on good terms, he was still not as settled because of his distrust towards the Crown Prince at the beginning. This of course, has now changed.

Clan Leader Ru Yan looked at the young man, "Accept it," he said in a low voice.

It was like he needed a push and a short bow, he thanked him. "Thank you, Your Highness."

Begging, Lian Yu was on her knees as the dread of losing Xin Hua engulfed her. The statues of the four deities watched on in silence as she cried for them to save the dying man.

"PLEASE!"

The Crown Princess awakened from that dreadful dream. Her breaths were quite heavy as well as she looked around the space she was in and gave a sigh of relief. Everything was now alright and that was all that mattered. However, with that dream reminding her of what happened, it only made her feel down. Eyes lowering, she wiped away the tears that were building up before they could slip down on their own. And with her attention so, something caught her eye. Turning to it, a subtle smile crept upon her lips as she reached to grab it. 

In her hands, she held the red pouch containing the bracelet that Xin Hua had made for her. Coming close to the blinds, she lifted it and poked her head out the small window and brought her gaze to meet the Crown Prince's back. The day was still bright out as her nap was not very long. It was also at this moment that he turned back to look at her window.

Their eyes locking, Lian Yu smiled at him and mouthed her words. "Thank you," as she showed the pouch.

Xin Hua seemed to tense up as the memory of gifting it to her was still fresh, and had taken quite a while to muster up the courage to give to her. A simple nod, he could feel his cheeks getting hot and quickly turned back to look forward. Lian Yu on the other hand, decided to rest her head on the sill and continue watching him.

Bearing sight to this all unfolding, Ru Mingyu couldn't help but to laugh inside; although he did express a smile on his lips.

The flower, has found it's rain.
.
.
.