Chapter 63

Already, was the day of the cleansing dance of the shamans here. The place that once held the entertainment of the banquet, now held the many shamans dressed in black and white robes as they put everything needed in place.

Getting into his plain white attire that everyone else would also wear, Yuan Shan tied the strings together as he then slipped on his socks. A knock, the young man spoke. "Come in,"

Entering, that person was his father, Clan Leader Yuan Qi. "Shan," he called his son.

"Hm?"

A light sigh, the mid-aged man continued. "In a few weeks or so, you shall meet with Prime Minister Tien Qiqiang's daughter, Tien Lihua." Informing his son ahead of time, as arrangements for this were just made. "This is only so that the two of you can get your first impression of each other, and if this goes well, your engagement will go through."

Yuan Shan was quite taken aback by this, as he wasn't expecting any sort of marriage talk yet. Although he is already of marrying age.

Heeding his request, the Young Master spoke. "Yes, father."

At this, the Clan Leader left. Alone, Yuan Shan began to wander in his thoughts. No one's ever really seen the Young Miss of the Tien Clan because the Prime Minister didn't want her to be in the public's eye. It is as though he wanted her to be a pure virgin before she should show herself to the world.

Running through his memories, he tried to see if there was a slight chance he may have ever seen her. But seeing that this was impossible as he remembered once again how no one knew how she looked, he decided to brush it off. However, just as he did this did the image of that woman he deemed lovely yet delicate enter his mind. The same woman he spoke of to Ru Mingyu.

Getting ready, Crown Princess Lian Yu got into her white robes with the help of the servants. Suddenly, she felt movement in her belly and startled by this she flinched as it was not something she was used to. A few seconds passing, she then laughed to herself and placed her hand on her now noticeably bigger belly realizing that there is nothing to worry about. This had caused the servants to react with concern but settled seeing that she was fine.

"Your Highness," a servant at the doors of her chambers spoke. "His Highness, the Crown Prince has come to see you."

"Allow his entrance,"

Entering, Xin Hua made his way to her and without any words, the servants, who were already finished helping her into her robes, left the room to give the couple privacy.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Of course," she responded.

Lian Yu then motioned for her husband to give her his hand and doing so she took it and placed it over her belly. A brow raised, he simply waited until he felt movement. His response at first was confused and then ecstatic. Putting his other hand on her bump, he waited for more to come as this filled him with excitement.

This would go on until the Grand Guard, Ru Mingyu arrived.

At the ceremony, sat the individuals that were to be present. The cleansing dance of the shamans began as they threw salt onto the ground and burned paper. Then came the head shaman, Na Xiaoli, a mid-aged woman, who held a sword with a red ribbon attached to the bottom of its hilt. Coming to the bowl that held ox blood, she coated it in red. Once this was done, she approached the four kings who kneeled at the base of the table that held all the offerings and equipment.