Chapter 61

A few days passed and with the other kings present, a banquet was planned for later in the evening. This event will showcase the arts within the Xie Kingdom for the kings and allow those who attend to have a chance to meet all the rulers of the Four Kingdoms.

As workers scurried across the palace grounds to prepare, Crown Princess Lian Yu sat in the bath this afternoon as the female servants brushed her hair that had coconut oil and added herbs to the water. Despite having only gotten in the warm water just a few minutes ago, her light headedness that she was already experiencing before hand was still there, and progressing. Trying to shake off that feeling, her eyes tightly shut for a moment as she shook her head. This has been going on for days, maybe even weeks.

One of the servants noticing this, they spoke. "Your Highness, is the bath too warm? Would you like something to drink?" She speculated that maybe the heat was causing this.

Lian Yu turned to the woman. "I'm alright, and there's no need for a drink."

Still, the servant was not convinced. "Please, Your Highness. We wouldn't want His Highness to be worried if you are feeling unwell."

A small frown, the Crown Princess gave in. "Just water will be alright."

A nod, the servant left to fetch it.

Leaning back, Lian Yu fell into thought. If what she has been thinking these past weeks were true, then her condition was not very obvious.

It was just a few hours before the start of the banquet, and standing in the weaponry storage room of the training grounds, stood Ru Mingyu as he waited for Clan Leader and Commander Lian Zhong. Minutes passed and eventually the person he had been expecting entered.

"What is it that you need?" asked the Clan Leader. "And make this quick I need to go back to the Lian Manor to get ready for the banquet with Li."

"Something is wrong," the Crown Prince's guard began. "Yu, she has been off ever since we came back from the Sui Kingdom."

Lian Zhong raised a brow. "Explain,"

"I'm not too certain but the air around her feels strange, as though she is hiding something." he wasn't sure how to describe it but this was how he felt whenever he saw her.

The Commander sighed, "We shall continue this later. Right now we must give our attention to the four kings." He spoke before taking his leave.

Watching as his friend left, Ru Mingyu couldn't shake off that feeling so easily. Was there something that happened back in the Sui Kingdom that he nor anyone did not know of?

Evening came, and the banquet began as nobles entered the palace with hopes of meeting the grand kings. Arriving together, Crown Prince Xin Hua and Crown Princess Lian Yu made their way up the stairs to their designated seats. This was their first public appearance side by side. 

The nobles watched the royal pair in awe and would speak amongst themselves of how magnificent they looked together. On the other hand, Lian Yu was still not used to the stares of the people. And noticing her  nervousness, Xin Hua's hand that once held hers, hooked their arms to bring her closer. Looking to him and he to her, a smile was what they shared.

Sitting, the royal couple greeted nobles as well before they would make their way to the four kings. Coming forward, the next to exchange words with them was Clan Leader Lian Zhong and Lady Yuan Li.

"Greetings, Your Highnesses." spoke the two.

Lian Yu was delighted at the sight of Yuan Li, especially seeing that her bump was bigger. "I'm sorry to ask, but would it be alright if I touched your belly?" asked the Crown Princess.

The Lady nodded with content, "Of course,"

Her hand on it, Lian Yu waited and eventually she felt a faint kick causing her to laugh. "Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed. "This child is a strong one."

Yuan Li laughed as well, "Yes, he or she, has been very active."

She placed her hand over her belly once more, wanting to feel it again as this was an exciting moment for her. 

Just looking at his wife as she waited for the baby to kick, the Crown Prince looked as though he were in a dream. And noticing this, Lian Zhong spoke. "Your Highness," getting his attention.

Snapping out of his trance, Xin Hua looked at his brother-in-law. "Yes?"

A quick glance at his sister and wife, Lian Zhong turned back to the Crown Prince. "Thank you,"

The royal was confused by his words as a brow raised, "What for?"

"For making her smile the way she used to when we were children." He hasn't seen an expression like that in years and to witness it today, made him happy because she was. It was also the time she held the brightest smile; before those unfortunate events.

"I truly thank Your Highness," his eyes seemed to glisten as he said those words. To know the pain and suffering his sister went through as he stood back unable to do anything was his biggest regret in life. But seeing that she found a safe haven with the Crown Prince who he once deemed unworthy and later proved himself worthy, gave him peace.

Xin Hua's lips couldn't help but to curl upwards, "I'm not sure who should say thank you to who but I certainly must say it to her." His gaze fell upon her once again. "Ever since I met her, my world that used to be black and white has now become colored."

By meeting each other, what they've been missing their whole lives was found.

It was now midway through this joyous event and standing from their seats, the Crown Prince decided that he should now formally introduce his wife to the kings of the other kingdoms. As they got closer and closer, a cold sweat came over her and so did the same feeling she had experienced earlier in the day.
.
.
.