thirty-nine. THE MEETING

THIRTY-NINE. THE MEETING

Guards were lined up at every entrance and at every hallway door to make sure the extended family wasn't snooping around as well as they would all be safe from the raging war outside.

"Do we remember the rules?" Haeun asked, heels clicking the antique tile floors.

"Don't stare," Jimin said first.

"Speak when only spoken to," Taehyung added.

"And don't leave your side unless you're prepared to be attacked," Jungkook sighed as they stopped at the main doors to the meeting area. Haeun took a deep breath, fixing Jungkook's shirt collar before the butlers opened the door and she put on her facade.

All eyes turned to her and her soulmate as she walked in.

A server gave each of them champagne, the boys were surprised by the blood in their glasses instead of the alcoholic drink.

The room was silent as she made her way to her family.

"Is everyone here?" She asked Hajoon.

"Everyone but mom and dad, apparently dad felt a bit off so they let him rest a bit more before getting ready,"

"That's fine, we can hold down everything while we wait, just hope our cousins don't come and try to brag about their second-hand privileges,"

"Syrin!"

"Speak of the devil," She scoffed as her soulmates stared at her with a look.

She turned around with a mean look on her face, staring at the blue-eyed blonde-headed boy beside her cousin.

"Edith, I didn't realize we were bringing foreigners to family meetings now."

"James isn't just any foreigner, he's my fiance. He's from America,"

"You brought an American human into Argyris manor? Are you insane?"

"Aw come on, cuzzy. Don't kick him out, we're in love, aren't we, lovebug?"

"Of course, I even learned Korean to surprise my in-laws," The man turned to her 7 soulmates. "Hello, and who are you?"

"Does that really concern you?" Namjoon said with his mafia-prime-leader look and voice. Deep and dark, his aura overpowering his.

"It is, actually," Edith spoke, gesturing her parents over.

"Syrin, who are they?"

"Aunt Selene, Uncle Hugh," Haeun said as she held her head up high, staring at the new pearls and diamonds her aunt wore, no doubt bought with the latest assassin paycheck. "I wouldn't speak so casually to your superior."

The couple scowled before muttering half-assed apologies.

"As we said before, we'd like to be introduced to your new... friends."

"Well, since you asked so nicely," Haeun said with narrowing eyes. "These are my soulmates, funny, I know. But true nonetheless."

"Soulmates?" Edith laughed, "You believe in that? You're crazier than I thought!"

"Yes, well. You're still as stupid as I remember," She scoffed as she downed the rest of her glass and placed it in her uncle's hand. "Excuse us, I have responsibilities to tend to, as the head house."

Her uncle gave her a glare but all Haeun did was smirk and walk away.

"What was that?"

"My dad's older brother, he's furious that my father was born with the gene and he wasn't and he hates his bloodline. It makes for great entertainment."