twenty-eight. GONE

TWENTY-EIGHT. GONE

Taehyung and Jimin had gone back to the penthouse with smug smiles on their faces, Miran trailing behind them.

"HYUNG!" Jimin yelled, wanting to tell everyone the news.

Everyone had the worst headache, it felt like their heads were throbbing, hearing the blood pound in their ears.

"Don't be so loud, we have headaches," Yoongi spoke, hand resting on his head.

"Maybe the news will make it go away," Taehyung said with a smile, "We finally got her out of the house."

Their headaches subsided for a moment, but not for the reason they might've thought.

"What?" Hoseok said, their faces covered in shock.

"Syrin, now we can be happy without her looming over us."

A split second passed and Jungkook had his hands on the collar of Taehyung and Jimin's shirts.

"What the fuck! Why would you do that?!" He yelled. Miran stood in the back, shocked by his reaction.

"Jungkook put them down! I don't know why you're acting like this, I thought you wanted this!" Miran said, trying to figure out why they were acting like this.

"Don't even speak Miran, don't think we don't know what you did. You manipulative woman," Jin seethed, throwing a chilling glare her way.

"Hyung! What has gotten into you guys?!" Jimin said, appalled at their behaviour.

"You really still won't remember?" Namjoon said with a scoff. "Fine, let me explain to you. Haeun is our soulmate, the girl we love. Miran is nothing but a distant, foggy memory, full of sex, steam and toxicity."

He pulled out his phone, showing videos and photos that they secretly took of each other, her being all small while cuddling up into their chests, her cheeks being squished against two boys when hugging or when she threw her hair up into something between a ponytail and bun while she cooked.

It was all on the phone.

"This is the girl we love, the girl the fates matched up for us, the girl they so perfectly chose for us and I hate that we all forgot her at some point for some sick leverage for my mother and some false reality for Miran, but it's true," Hoseok said.

He realized everything she must have felt and how they brushed off everything like it didn't happen when they were together but it did, and it must have destroyed her.

"This smart, badass, beautiful, sexy, charming, difficult girl is the one we fell in love with. The one who completed the soul of eight and showed us what love really felt like, and no matter what curse you're under, I know you feel it." Namjoon spoke walking up to the pair, the two of them looking away.

"Namjoon- I-"

"What, Miran? We were finally happy and you selfishly took that away from us, took those memories away from us!" Namjoon was usually cool, calm and collected but the fact that they had lost her, again and he couldn't take it.

"How do you even know about this?" She said in a small voice.

"The girl you tried to hurt, she's smart. Smarter than anyone I've ever known, and if you think a simple fairytale curse could beat her, you were deadly wrong," Jin was beyond angry, but he knew he needed to suppress it or he would do something he'd regret.

"I just want you back! Is that so hard to comprehend? We were so happy and in love, and it was so perfect," Miran said, feeling her heartbreak.

"It was a toxic relationship and yes we loved each other but it was never healthy, and even now, we fought so much, and it's draining. And Haeun... she's easy, and perfect, and fits with us and it's healthy," Hoseok said, reminiscing about the girl that they had no idea where they were.

"So it's true? You admit that we're under a curse?" Taehyung asked, looking at Miran, fists clenched.

Jimin's hands smoothed over the phone screen when a picture of his soulmate had shown up, her face pressed between his chest and Taehyungs.

He smiled unconsciously and swiped again, a video taken secretly of the girl being a brat towards him. Smartass remarks and sassy motions and an angry, jealous Jimin.

Snickers were heard from behind the camera as she was thrown over Jimin's shoulder and the door to a room slammed shut.

Vivid memories of what they had done in that room came back to him in movie-like frames.

Heat covered his skin, her soft moans filled his ears and her smile that made him smile adorned on her face after they had finished, cuddling in the silk sheets with laughter.

He held his head after the memories came back in flashes, feeling lightheaded.

"Taehyung, what did we do?" He asked, feeling guilty.

Taehying watched his soulmate with a blank expression.

Silence washed over the eight in the room before the ringing of a phone broke it.

They watched Namjoon's face turn into anger at the voice but soften as soon as he ended the call.

"Let's go boys," He said, grabbing his jacket,

"Where?"

"To get our girl back."

The seven of them headed for the door, grabbing their jackets.

"Wait- please!" Miran ran after them, arms holding onto the last one who was under the curse. "Please, we can still be together, I know you still love me, a-and I love you so much."

Taehyung felt tears staining the back fo his shirt as the others stared at him, anger and disappointment.

"P-Please, you don't need her."

Taehyung squeezed his eyes tight and his hands laid over hers for a moment before taking them and separating them.

He turned around, Miran thought she had won but as soon as she took one step closer, he let go of her hands and turned around.

"Please take everything you own and go back home before we come back."

And with that, the door shut close.

Miran stood there in her heels, arms at her side and stared at the door.

It felt like a nightmare like she would wake up any moment and they would all still be in love with her, but she knew better.

She knew it was real, one that she had to come to terms with, but never will.