FORTY-SIX. why

FORTY-SIX. WHY

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound annoyed him. The repetitive sound made his ears bleed.

It fucking annoyed him.

Or maybe it was anger.

Yeah. That was it.

Anger.

Anger that this thing was the only indication that his soulmate was alive.

That thing was the only way he knew for sure she was alive.

He wanted to scream, yell, kill anyone to get her to wake up.

Why? He questioned.

Why was so much bad shit happening to them?

First Haeun's father, then Taehyung, now her.

For once, he found himself mumbling nonsense to the fates.

Begging.

Begging them to take anyone, anything. Anything but her.

"Jungkook," His eyes lifted, watching Yoongi slowly pry his hands away from the edge of the windowsill, the drywall crumbling to the floor.

The two stared at the imprints, Jungkook's handprints being permanently pushed into it.

"Maybe you should take a shower, just to try and get your mind off it."

"Mind off what?" He snapped. "The fact that our soulmate has been out for 11 hours and we still don't know why? 11 hours in which we aren't allowed to go in because whatever that's hurting her shouldn't be?"

Jungkook scoffed, turning around, tugging at his hair.

"She said she was immune to all poisons," His voice was softer. His shoulders dropped. "So what the hell is going on?"

His voice cracked.

Much to his displeasure.

Yoongi stood to the side, fist clenched, wanting to know the answer to the same question Jungkook had.

Because he was scared.

Because they were terrified.

"I wish I knew."

✵✵✵

Hunched over, almost as if he was in pain, Taehyung cried.

Sobbing.

Tears soaking the fabric of a shirt that belonged to his beloved. It still smelled like her.

The thought made him smile for a split second before a choked sob left him once more.

At that moment, he felt so much regret.

If she died that night, he wouldn't make it.

He had so much to be sorry for, so much to make up for. And if he didn't have his eternity with her, it would break him.

He still needed to say 'I love you' once more.

He needed to kiss her lips once more.

He needed to hold her in his arms one more night.

And for forever.

He wanted her.

Her in his arms. Her smiling and laughing as she clung to him and his soulmates. He wanted his happy life back.