twenty-two. I HOPE I'M RIGHT

TWENTY-TWO. I HOPE I'M RIGHT

Haeun ducked her head to the side the moment she walked in, hearing the thud of a book fall onto the floor.

"You have nothing either?"

"There's nothing in my memory, nothing in these books. It's been a week and unless she made the spell or technique herself, which I highly doubt, I can't do anything. Please tell me you have something, got a reaction, anything?"

"I tried wearing the things they loved on me, acting how I did when they first fell in love, I looked through Miran's things, nothing. She's not as stupid as I thought, I'll give her that, but she can't be smarter than me."

"No one is smarter than you, Haeun. You're too informed for your own good."

"If I was really so smart, we could've prevented this from happening." She sighed, sitting on the couch.

"Can you look into Miran's memories?"

"I mean... I could but if I use it on her, it's going to hurt and the boys will throw me out, plus, if she was smart enough to brainwash my soulmates, she's smart enough to protect herself from my abilities any way she can."

They stayed silent for a few moments before Ashley had gotten an idea.

"The coven library," She spoke, starting to grab her things. "There are spells and techniques that date back to the beginning of time, she must've used one of those."

"You're heading back to the coven?" Haeun asked.

"It's the only way I can help, while you're here, do everything you can. Love isn't a feeling you can just forget, it lingers, trying to find it's trigger." Ashley gave Haeun a tight hug before pulling away. "Don't hold your emotions in, cry into your pillow, just... it's dangerous for you to keep it all in."

"Yeah.... Sure?" She said, not knowing where everything was coming from. She said a goodbye before she sat in her room, feeling happiness through her soulbonds and the laughs and giggles coming from the other room.

She laid down on the bed, her body starting to feel hollow and numb.

It annoyed her that their laughs were so loud and how it wasn't forced happiness, it was genuine. She knew it was genuine and it hurt.

She closed her eyes shut, racking her brain for ideas.

✵✵✵

Sitting in the kitchen with a cup of tea and a book, she tried to relax. The anxiety and stress getting to her, and in a state like that, she knew she would do something rash and she wanted to think clearly.

Namjoon walked from the bedroom where the right of them was to pick up a call but instead, found his last soulmate sitting on the kitchen island.

Shoulders slumped and her hair in a half-up-half-down hairstyle.

He watched as she flipped the pages of the book, bringing the teacup to her rosy pink lips, face free of makeup.

The closer he got to her, he could feel what she was feeling. And it hurt.

She was hurting.

He felt it through the soul bond, the bond that she refused to shut off, needing to prove to them that she was their soulmate.

He walked over to the kitchen, grabbing a mug and filling it with hot water.

"Is the book any good?" He asked out of the blue, startling Haeun. She looked up at him, staring.