nineteen. HER POWER

NINETEEN. HER POWER

"Barang, are you certain that we do this?" Namli said as he followed his wife into their room.

"For the last time, I'm sure! And if they were once as in love as Miran said they were, everything will work out fine."

"But this is disobeying the fates, you could be punished."

"Punished from saving the lives of our people? What kind of nonsense is that?"

"Okay, fine. What if the girl doesn't hand the necklace over? What will you do then?"

"We'll kill her, and take it ourselves. Either way, our son will be happy. With her or Miran, she just has to make a choice. The necklace for her soulmates or death."

"So, either way, one girl will be hurting. Is that right?"

"It's one girl for the sake of the supernatural species. I don't care if they're hurting. Our species is in danger."

Her husband sighed in frustration.

"Do whatever you'd like, but I won't be taking part in this."

✵✵✵

Sitting down beside Jungkook and her father, they all gathered around to talk about the plan.

Namjoon sat on one side of the table while her father sat on the other end side.

"Since Haeun had brought you up to date with your ancestry and the recent events, we need to make a plan."

"Have you any idea why they might want the artifact back?" Jimin asked her father. He paused for a moment, before deciding not to tell them.

"I don't know." He said, hands folded together on the table.

"Dad, when you're lying to me, you're a really bad liar."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said, trying to save himself.

"Dad.." She dragged out, "Tell me, you would never lie unless it was important or to protect me, so what is it?"

"War."

"War?" Hawon asked his father.

"The humans and the supernaturals are going to war for power and land, dominance over the other race." He explained.

"But what do they want with me then? Or us?"

"They want to kill you off because they know if you awaken the sorcerer blessing, they won't be able to win." Hoseok said, finally realizing everything.

"So what, all of us are going to die because we may or may not awaken this stupid blessing?" Hajun asks. "Our ancestors really fucked our lives up, didn't they?"

"The main one they want is Haeun, she has the necklace. So, if she awakens the power and has the necklace, you'll become the strongest being on earth."

"Okay, uh, first of all, I'm already the strongest being on earth. Secondly, if they want the necklace, can't we just give it to them, IF IT COMES TO THAT because i'm not giving this up to them just out of the blue, I mean, they can't use it because they don't know what activates it or whatever."

"Vampires are smart, Haeun. They probably have a way to use it, so this is the only time I'll ever tell you to do anything, and you need to listen to me," Namjoon said, eyes looking into Haeuns, pleading with her, "Do not, under any circumstances give that necklace to anyone, guard it if your life. I have no idea what our family wants to do with it, but it won't be good."

She nodded slightly.

"But a war? And wanting my family dead? This is too much."

The family stayed silent, their minds running wild.

Thinking about what to do to keep everyone they loved, safe and to stop this war from happening.

✵✵✵

As she got ready for bed in Jungkook's room, her mind wouldn't stop racing.

Death, vampire, sorcerer, blessing. All these words were jumbling in her head.

She tried to remember what life was before, when it was simple.

She would wake up, eat, talk to her brothers and go get a mission, kill whoever needed to and come home and do it all over again.

It was simple and easy to her, this life was... hard, messy and had too many feelings mixed up into it. She loved the boys, she really loved them but all that meant was that she had seven more people to worry about and seven more people that could be used against her.

She sighed, feeling Jungkook's lips nipping at the bare skin on her shoulder, making his way up to her neck.

"You seemed stressed out, princess."

"Well, you try having a war, powers, blessings, murdering family in laws thrown at you and not be stressed." Jungkook let out a chuckle at her exaggeration that seemed also to be extremely accurate.

"I know, princess, but we'll be in this together. We will always be by your side."

"I hope so..." She mumbled. The comment made Jungkook sigh, he turned her around so that she could face him.

"Whether we die, brainwashed or forget our memories, we will be by your side, maybe not at first but I have no doubt that you won't make us fall in love with you again."

"Even if they're other girls around?"

"Even if there are other girls around, you're our soulmate. Nothing in the whole existence can change that and I promise you that." His eyes trailed down to the star that was imprinted onto the base of her neck. "This mark proves that, I bet you, if you brainwash us that, we'll fall back into your arms like that."

She gave him a look that screamed 'disbelief' and he corrected his statement.

"Fine, not like 'that' but you get what I mean. Come on princess, we love you and no matter what happens that feeling will always be there,"

She let out a small breath, kissing his lips softly and quickly.

"Thank you, bunny."

"There are other ways to thank me you know? Can't you show me instead?" He said suggestively making Haeun laugh. He led her to the bed, throwing her on before tackling her face with kisses.

"I love you, Haeun."

"I love you too, Jungkook."

✵✵✵

Books littered the table as Miran got up to studying, she needed all the knowledge she could get if she wanted this to work, if she wanted her lovers back.

Years of preparing the technique just for this moment, and the moment had to be right. She only had one shot.

One shot to get the ones she loved back and one shot to keep them forever.

Of course they weren't soulmates, but she didn't believe in such bullshit but even if Haeun and her loves shared a mark, they would never share the bond they had together.

She would make sure of that.